Need Help CD4E woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help CD4E woes

Hey y’all Ive been trying to pinpoint a issue I’ve been having, so I’ve got a 97 zetec auto and recently It’s started to act up it shifts through all gears fine while under 45mph but once I am over 45 overdrive starts to act up. It’s almost like it doesn’t know when to up and downshift from overdrive, also according to the ford service manual whats called a manual pull down where it won’t down shift from OD until the speed drops below 40. If I reset the ecu it surges while attempting to down shift from OD where the rpm jump up and down 200rpms. Sorry I know that’s a mouthful but I’m trying to be detailed as possible. I’ve replaced the solenoid pack, range sensor, speed sensor and tss sensor. Main engine wiring harness is new as well.

These cars are NOTORIOUS for having HORRIBLE automatic transmissions, I would be looking for a replacement or a rebuild. Not joking I have personal seen 4 of them break, the Escapes, contours and ALL have problems with this terrible transmission.
    Black/Tan #0719 SVT..Gone to heaven
    Black/Tan #2013 SVT..being built/driven
    Green/Cloth 98 Zetec, Atx, Mystique..Gone
    Tan/Tan leather 99 Mystique LS V6 ATX...Daily Driver

Comment

Yeah that's definitely been the consensus from what I've seen it's just strange to me that overdrive is the only issue that I'm having.

Comment

Working...
      X