Just Test Drove a 99 SVT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Test Drove a 99 SVT

Hey guys! As the title says, about an hour ago I test drove a green 1999 Contour SVT (link to dealer's advertisement attached) and I had a blast. It's such a fun little car. Anyway I'm coming to you all because I have some questions about the car. First off, I'm in the market because my current daily driver, an '04 Mustang GT, drinks a bit more gas than I like paying for, and I'd like to keep the miles down on it. Are these cars any good as a daily driver, or do the maintenance issues make it hard to use as anything but a weekend car? And what grade fuel do they take? One thing I noticed during my test drive is that the wheels scrub the fender liner at full lock. I know this isn't normal but is it a common issue/ what could cause this? Also, does the shifter normally have a lot of play, even when in gear? Finally just based on the listing, do you think it's a good deal? I can't find much accurate pricing info to compare it to. Thanks in advance! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    SVT contour, sunroof, leather, 5 speed manual, power windows, power locks.  We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, American Express and Discover card.  Financing options are available.  Warranties are available from 3 months to 48 months on all vehicles.  West Raleigh Auto Sales specializes in vehicles ranging from 3,000 to 15,000 dollars.  With over 20 years of car buying experience, West Raleigh Auto Sales hand selects all their inventory to ensure that our customers get only the best quality pre-owned vehicles.  Every car we sell comes with a free Carfax report which is posted with every vehicle on our website.  Our team of mechanics goes through each vehicle before it is offered for sale.  West Raleigh Auto Sales is located in Raleigh right off the 440 beltline at 4109 western blvd near NC State university and downtown Raleigh.  You can view our up to date inventory at https://www.westraleighautosales.com/.  Have questions? Give us a call at 919-615-3514, text 919-214-9013 after hours.

Mmmmm welcome to the group. Well with it being a 99 you won't have the engine harness problems. In my personal experience I dailyed my SVT for 12 years. It was a 98 so the harness was a struggle for a little while. If your mechanically inclined I'd say no issues. I think you should talk them down on the price a bit. But I don't annoy the full situation. The green SVT was the lowest number produced. Just topping over 500 being built in that color.
    Last edited by LUCA; 10-30-2019, 05:40 PM. Reason: Because.
    98 Silver Frost
    Full 3.0L
    ST220 intake w/ f150 tb

Comment

A little high in price for 143k miles. Check for a maintenance log as its bone stock. Water pump should be serviced by now. main concern
      -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
      -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
      -00 BLK/TAN SVT
      NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
      SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

Working...
      X