• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Funny Story

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
I never try to cause problems while driving. I have a race car so I never street race. Had an interesting event today that I thought I would share.

So I am turning onto an on-ramp and a new VW GTI was turning onto the same ramp from a different direction. He tried to turn in front of me even though I had right of way. Since he wasn't able to turn ahead of me he tailgated me throughout the entire on-ramp. That really didn't bother me. I was not even to the point of a safe merge when he jumped to my left and shot onto the highway. When the car went past me there were two younger men, acting like they were talking on their cell phones loudly and watching me. I had to laugh.

I let them get 50 feet ahead of me, then I let them see why I call my car "The Beast". I spun the tires past them in 3rd gear at about 80 mph, looking right at them, while waving to them with my cell phone. I call this move the "Shock and Awe Event". The look on their faces when I blew by them was priceless. I had over twice their power, and less weight.

I love this car...

Fun story Don.

I had one of those some years ago with I had my supercharged Taurus SHO on the streets. My '89 SHO has a 9:1 comp 3.2L with a Vortech V1 pushing 12psi, and when you boot one of the old V1's, there's no missing the blower and gear whine. The car also has a 3" mandrel bent exhaust that is normally muted, but emits the most evil, head-turning low growl when romped on.

Mine was two well-dressed middle-aged gentlemen in a newer Porsche 911 GT3. Same kinda game, we jockeyed on a highway on-ramp, as we entered the highway, I let them pass my old 4-door grocery getter, then caught up to them when we were in a clear section of road. I pulled up beside them at about 60MPH and dropped the trans to 3rd gear, which 1st Gen V6 SHO oldsters call the "Jesus Gear". I looked over, waved, and matted the gas, they tried to keep up...

The 911 stayed with me for 10 miles up I-25, then pulled off and followed me into a business parking lot. The driver was very gracious and wanted to know what the Hell had handed him his ass. The 911 had dealer plates, and I've always wondered if it was a test drive.

I had a story about a year ago where I was next to an Audi a4/s4 filled with teenagers. We were at the light and they pulled up next to me and revved at me three times. I put my radio down and pull up right next to them, look over and say "aww thats cute" Then I give them one 5k rev and let the blow off valve make its presence felt. I made the turn and the Audi went straight. Pretty sure they were all no expecting that from my car.

Yeah, I love my car too, but no sweet stories from me. I get a lot of looks and compliments on how it sounds, but I've never handed anyone their ass that wouldn't expect it. Other than perhaps the occasional stock SN195 mustang GT or similar. Those are pretty fun.

Back