• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Very impressed with Paintless Dent Removal

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
Those of you at Spring Zing may have noticed that the "Beast" had damage to the right front fender from hitting a deer. Amazingly the only damage was from the deer kicking the fender as it ricocheted off the windshield. I took it to a local guy who does this kind of repair and for $85 did an amazing job.

​Here it is before, notice the lip of the fender, up to the painted on stripe, had a dent.

beforefender.jpg

After he finished ( took about an hour )
afterfenderrepair.jpg

Attachments

• beforefender.jpg
    beforefender.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 0
We get vicious hail storms more than occasionally here in Colorado Springs, and I've used PDR a couple of times to get 50 or 100 hail dents out of several of my cars. I've always been amazed at the results. After a major hail storm, the auto dealerships will cue hundreds and hundreds of cars for PDR and you can't book a private job in any of the PDR shops until they work through the dealership car backlog.
When I first moved here in 1992, my 89 Taurus SHO got about 150 dents on the hood, roof and trunk from a hail storm that dropped golf balls on the Ford parking lot for 20 minutes. Conventional body shop quotes were $2,500 for fill and re-paint, and I was looking at months to get into a shop for a week long job. Insurance gave me $2,000. ($500 deductible) I went to a PDR shop, car was perfect in one day, out the door for $400, I bought some nice wheels and tires with the $1600 left over. :wink:

That turned out fantastic. Cool to see how well they can work that metal back.

Back