• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sad day today. Just hit 50,000 miles on my 98 CSVT

Well I only have 67k on my 2K SVT I saw drive it more. I know I need to drive mine more. Don't let it waste away.

Not quite 2,800 miles annually (average) for 18 years, eh? You need to enjoy it more. As the original purchaser and still owner of several "rare" Fords, I can assure you that they aren't going to hold their value. If you're not driving it to keep it in nice shape, that's commendable, but if you're not driving it to maintain it's resale value, that's kind of a waste of time.

I bought it with 38k miles in May. Trust me I am enjoying it. (Maybe too much...) It will have 100k miles in no time at the rate I am going...

I've got just under 100k on my '99. It's in pretty damn good shape, especially considering its age. I keep it in the garage pretty much all winter, and rarely drive it in the rain, never in the snow. But when it's out I beat the hell out of it.

I bought it with 38k miles in May. Trust me I am enjoying it. (Maybe too much...) It will have 100k miles in no time at the rate I am going...

That is almost as bad as the guy who bought the 2k SVT that only had 3k miles on it. He proceeded to drive it to California an I think put something like 30K on it in no time. Granted this was a few years ago now. He then sold the car iirc .... then proceed to buy a number of notable cars and take them apart and sell them off.

Back