• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's your next car?

Wagons for the win. I wish consumers would see the utility in them again and stop buying CUV's. Comparing my V50 wagon's cargo capacity to almost any CUV on the market reminds me that CUV's have very little utility without the seats down.

I kind of wish Ford would make a Focus wagon again, but perhaps with AWD. Now that I've had AWD in the winter I don't want to go without it. Too much fun and way less frustrating. Got any pic's of what that Mondeo wagon looks like?

I'm looking, but this time for something a little more practical and a little less sporty.
Requirements are hatchback, automatic, and roof racks. AWD preferred but not needed.
Favoring the 2016 Crosstrek or the redesigned 2017 Impreza hatch, but will also look at: Golf Sportwagen, BMW X1, Kia Forte5, Mazda CX3, Infiniti QX30. Will be test driving through the autumn.

Yeah, I think if I needed to be more practical I would go for a mazda in hoping to still have some fun driving it. I didn't think the Golf was available with AWD. You could check the new Volvo V60, but would be in a different price range than some of those.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't need AWD anymore. I can work from home when it snows and I live on a well plowed thoroughfare, neither of which was true when I bought the Subaru nine years ago. But it's definitely a convenience to never worry about the roads. The Golf R is AWD, and really quick (a friend of mine has one), but I'm not considering it.

My price range is all over the place but I'm probably going to stay around 30k.

I have a Fusion Titanium this week (my poor Subaru is chilling at the body shop again after I got rear ended at a stop light, its 4th accident). It's definitely the nicest rental I've ever had. I've been enjoying the Sync system. Might need to put the Focus hatch on my list.

Last edited:
I am driving a 2015 Chevy SS Sedan and I really like it. Roomy fast, poor fuel economy but that LS3 torque and rear wheel drive with LSD stock is quite fun and worth the difference. Car is so much more roomy inside both front and rear and with a big trunk.

I sold my CSVT in 2006. In 05 I bought a 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, traded it in 2007 for a Mazdaspeed 3. kept that until 2014 and sold it, then bought the SS. Still happy with the SS and have about 62K on the clock.

I just got a Happy Birthday Email from the CEG so I thought I'd drop by, I still have more Contour it's been sitting in the garage on static display so to speak for a few years. I mostly drive my 66 Mustang when I can unless the weather just sucks then I roll in the 05 Escape XLT. Someday i'd like to return the Contour to street duty ....
118763662_1240172499668729_6938065757892600450_o.jpg

My CSVT has been sitting for a very long time. The battery has been long dead. Even it has a full 3L built by fastcougar with torsen LSD in the trans, I haven't been driving it for a long time. All driving was on the 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (under the skin WRX). Until earlier this year some young driver ran a very late red light and t-boned me and totalled my car.

For 9 months we did not look for a new car due to the pandemic and I have been working from home for some time now. We did a very good deal on a brand new 2020 VW Tiguan 4-motion just a week ago. The standard safety features (frontal and real auto brake, blind spot warning, thick body that earns this car a Top Safety Pick) rally make driving the Tiguan much more peaceful.

Seems a handful of people still have their CSVT's but don't drive them. Aside from mechanical issues, I'm wondering why? Fire that puppy up and remind yourself why you liked it so much in the first place! :w00t:

I may actually trade my car in for another Ford. Ford currently has the $3500 "Trade-in Assist". So even if they appraise my CSVT to be $0 ( :cry: ) I will still get $3500 toward a car. Thinking about one of the last Fusion which is bigger and more comfortable than the CSVT.

7B22530C-A0B3-40FA-8722-7E584DCDB893.jpeg
I still feel pretty pleased with my Contour for what it is, and I think I'll likely hold onto it forever unless it gets somehow totaled. But I definitely plan on accumulating more cars as I see fit and if I have room. I'm thinking within a five year period perhaps one of the new Volvo V60 or V90 wagons, or perhaps a Jag XE, or if I'm lucky an Alpha Giulia wagon depending on how finances play out.:drool: I'm curious what's on your list for the future?

Why not a ST200 estate to scratch that wagon itch? They’ll all be available within five years.

I may actually trade my car in for another Ford. Ford currently has the $3500 "Trade-in Assist". So even if they appraise my CSVT to be $0 ( :cry: ) I will still get $3500 toward a car. Thinking about one of the last Fusion which is bigger and more comfortable than the CSVT.
I wonder if they’ll take my rusted-out parts Contour settling in my back yard. The new Electric Mustang seems to match Tesla features with better fit/finish and price.

I missed a super good deal in VA for a Fusion SE AWD in silver. The OTD was $20340. Brand new. It was there waiting for me for a weekend right after Christmas. I couldn't convince my wife to get into a Ford, let alone a sedan. I had been very upset for the past 2 weeks.

I traded in my CSVT with 119,724 miles on the clock to a Ford dealer today, for a whopping $200. I took advantage of the $2000 trade-in assistance and got an Escape SE Hybrid. The CSVT has a dead battery so it doesn't run. They will tow it away next Monday. It would be a sad day for me since I am the original owner but it's time to move on. The car has so many goodies on that including a 3L conversion by Fast Cougar, Haine transmission with Torsen LSD, Bosal exhaust and many other things I have long forgotten. :cry:

The Escape actually looks and drives very nicely. If I can get the EPA listed 40 mpg then it will be amazing. I don't have leather upholstery and moon roof, but the electronics are so much more advanced than the CSVT. I guess I will enjoy this car for a long time.

Turned out, the Ford Escape Hybrid SE does way better than the EPA listed 40 mpg. I constantly got 45 - 50 mpg. Several times I got almost 60 mpg in a stretch of 20 miles distance. Hypermiling is fun!

In a long trip of 300 miles, I got average 43.5 mpg. It's hard to go back to regular gas engine.

Most recently, my family got a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime. The hybrid mpg is not as good as the Escape, but with the 42 mile range in full EV mode, it definitely drives very nice! My family has decided to walk away from sedan for now, and the future vehicles would be at least hybrid. It really changes the habit of driving/braking significantly.

Back