• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's your next car?

CLASSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I still feel pretty pleased with my Contour for what it is, and I think I'll likely hold onto it forever unless it gets somehow totaled. But I definitely plan on accumulating more cars as I see fit and if I have room. I'm thinking within a five year period perhaps one of the new Volvo V60 or V90 wagons, or perhaps a Jag XE, or if I'm lucky an Alpha Giulia wagon depending on how finances play out.:drool: I'm curious what's on your list for the future?

I have a thing for rare, cool, sleepers... In no particular order. 2004-06 Mazdaspeed6, 99-02 Buick Regal GS, IS300 Lexus..

I'm a fan of the Mazdaspeed 6 as well. My buddy has one that is starting to rust and it's breaking my heart. Is the Regal GS really that much of a sleeper though? That's pretty much a Grand Prix GXP with a different body, right?

I should add I plan on waiting for nice used examples of the cars I listed.

Is the Regal GS really that much of a sleeper though?
I should add I plan on waiting for nice used examples of the cars I listed.

For me, Yes, its a perfect daily driver I think..plenty of power to run with most cars even with minimal tuning, hell the car starts at north of 230hp..and yet still very comfy car to load 4 adults into and drive down to the beach..I've owned one before and miss it :( Don't get my wrong I LOVE m SVT.. but being honest its not great for carrying 4 adults... 2 adults is fine all day long..4? not so much.. Thats the reason for my desicion..

I would get a newer F-150 or a newer Ford Taurus, My car collection is a 5 now, I would have to down size that number before adding anymore vehicles, a newer pickup would be nice but i'm thinking having something newer then 16 year old would be nice when it come to traveling haha. (currently my 1993 T-Bird is a my distance car)

Bought a 2016 Explorer xlt with 202A + options for the wife back in February . My next vehicle I pick up tomorrow . 2014 F150 Lariat ecoboost, 502A package + options

A lot of trucks! I like trucks too, but when not hauling I would feel guilty about the fuel economy. What is the real world MPG on the ecoboost F150's?

I know they don't haul nearly as much, but I'm a fan of wagons, for a combination of utility and handling. I know crossovers are taking over, but I'm really hoping wagons make a comeback. The new V90s are :drool:.

trying to figure that out now. Plan is sell the E46 wagon, I take the VW CC, and the wife gets an SUV. Looking for something with 3rd row, and ideally with 2nd row captains seating. I have no interest in owning a SUV, so its whatever the wife wants. Looks like we will probably end up with a Toyota Highlander

A lot of trucks! I like trucks too, but when not hauling I would feel guilty about the fuel economy. What is the real world MPG on the ecoboost F150's?

I know they don't haul nearly as much, but I'm a fan of wagons, for a combination of utility and handling. I know crossovers are taking over, but I'm really hoping wagons make a comeback. The new V90s are :drool:.

My truck has the larger 36 gallon tank so when i fill up it cost about $29( assuming both my old truck and the F150 where bone dry) more than my other explorer but I averaged 17.4 - 17.9 and the computer would read about 360ish range with the 4.0 V6. My F150 has been doing 18.7mpg the short time I've had it and a range of just about 700 miles when full. I have not been on the highway yet for a highway mileage or mixed driving check. The ecoboost is so smooth and pulls that truck around like nothing and not much throttle needed to cruise. when you give it the pedal it hauls butt very powerful motor. I like the 420 torque rating.

That is a HUGE tank. How are you filling it up for $29? That would be $.80/gallon gas if my math is correct, which it's probably not.

I've been quite impressed with how comfy the interior is on the F150's, but still I could never own one unless I felt I actually needed a truck. I could maybe talk myself into a mid-size truck, like a Tacoma, new Colorado, etc, maybe.

That is a HUGE tank. How are you filling it up for $29? That would be $.80/gallon gas if my math is correct, which it's probably not.

I've been quite impressed with how comfy the interior is on the F150's, but still I could never own one unless I felt I actually needed a truck. I could maybe talk myself into a mid-size truck, like a Tacoma, new Colorado, etc, maybe.

You misread my statement, It was 29 difference between my old truck and new one. If the 150 was empty it would be around $78 to fill it.

(Untitled)

Sold my 2013 POS Passat to buy a $2300 csvt with less miles than my Passat I bought new. Best deacon I have ever made. The contour is such a better car. Way more fun to drive nicer interior, no payments!

Next on my list... I am done with financing cars.

I want a convertible. I live in San Diego. Total necessity.

I am thinking a late 90's early 00's GT or a BMW z3/z4. Those seem to be 2 convertibles you can find with very low miles for less than 5-6k.

Also on the list is a Ford Ranger. I need something that can go pick up parts in. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a hitch on my Mercury Mystique. Insurance for my $550 9' utility trailer is $36/yr, and its ramp makes it easier to load than a pickup. For a convertible, get a Miata.

I've never had a wagon, but my next car is probably a Mondeo diesel wagon from continental europe. They turn 25 years old in a couple of years, so they can be imported. For half the price of a new car I get a month-long vacation in europe in my new-to-me car.

(Untitled)

I put a hitch on my Mercury Mystique. Insurance for my $550 9' utility trailer is $36/yr, and its ramp makes it easier to load than a pickup. For a convertible, get a Miata.

Miatas are not fast enough. Need a 6 cylinder bmw or a v8. I know you can make them fast enough but I like stock. My buddy from high school races miatas. Has a corvette v8 in that little thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is next .... good question. Have had the Focus for 4 years already. Plan to keep that for at least 4 more years if not longer. So depending on what happens in the next 4 to 8 years maybe another Focus, a Fusion. Will just have to see.

Sold my E46 wagon a couple weeks ago. I took over the wifes CC, and we leased a 2017 Santa Fe Limited with the Ultimate package as the new family hauler. The CC wasn't cutting it anymore as the 'family' car.

Back