• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The End of My Responsibilities

Lance Kinley

CEG Emeritus
It has been a long time coming, and it is time. I have not been able, due to time restrictions, to give this site the attention it deserves and I believe it has suffered a bit as a result.

Over the past month or so I have been handing over ownership and control of contour.org to another person. In my opinion, this person is the best suited to run this site and has vision for its future. This person is our long-time member, WorldTour (Mark). He will have complete control over every aspect of the site and I am stepping down.

My time at the steering wheel has been interesting, with many ups and downs, and times of intense drama. It was never my intention to foster those things, but to provide a platform for enthusiasts to gather and share their passion for a quirky, but lovable vehicle that the masses didn't seem to 'get'. Sometimes the necessary actions to keep that platform neutral and available to everyone caused friction with the more outspoken members, but I think we did a pretty good job at it and the longevity of this site speaks to it.

Building and maintaining this site shaped my life in ways I never suspected and I genuinely enjoyed the time and effort I put into it. It was incredible to see the community that formed from such humble beginnings. I hope to be still be a part of it in the future.

Good luck to Mark in his tenure as Captain,

-Lance

Last edited:
Thank you Lance, for all you've done for the Contour community. This site is an incredible resource for owners, potential owners, and owners of other Duratec-powered vehicles. May you have success in all your future endeavors. :cool:

Marty

Lance,

It truly has been an honor for me to work with you in helping to keep order here on CEG for so many years. I am very grateful for everything you've done for CEG and for the Contour community in general. I just hope we won't have to miss you, because I expect you to still pop in once in awhile :D
And for the record, I think Worldtour is an excellent choice to take the reigns.

Thanks for all your hard work Lance. This site is a spectacular resource. Make sure and stop in every once in a while!

Kyle

Not to sound cliche or trivial; but thanks for everything. Most important are the friendships I've made here. They will last so much longer than the cars...

All the very best to you, Outback Gal and your family.

Mark

Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have put into this site. I have learned SO much since joining.

Because of you and this site (members included), I can go into AutoZone (or other parts store) and am confident of my knowledge of the Contour. When the "guys" try to tell me that I'm wrong, I now tell them WHY I am right. It's nice to be able to "school" someone that thinks you know nothing. :laugh: ;)

I wish you and your family the very best!

Mark: Congrats again! We all know that you'll do a great job keeping this forum up and running. :)

I would like to add my thanks for a job well done for a long time. I suspected this was coming as you went through some life changes (marriage and so on) and as I saw less participation. I thank you finding a way to smoothly pass the baton.

Thanks again, and God Bless.

Thanks Lance! You have made it a place worth coming back to over and over with good ground rules, wide focus of interests and still you maintained a core auto enthusiasts site throughout it all. None of the crap that is rampant on other forums is tolerated here and consequently it is clean and relevant to this day.
I've learned a lot and shared a lot on this site and I've met some life long friends. Hope to see you around (You do get the lifetime membership right :ponder: ??) from time to time.

This is HANDS DOWN the best forum I've ever visited!

Just about everything is perfect, and the stuff that 'isn't perfect' is there to keep everything else perfect (strict rules is what I'm talking about here).

The way you, and the moderators you enlisted to keep the site going, made it the most valuable resource on this platform. If every car had a website like this one, it would put a few mechanics out of business!

In the end, everyone had a good time, even those who went their seperate ways, and I will definitely stay a part of the community long after my Contour and I have parted.

Thanks again!

Back