• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what parts can be made?

nitrocarmsn

New CEG'er
im in a college welding class and i need a project to do, pretty much the sky is the limit here, i have already made an intake and in the process of making a strut bar, i just need some ideas on what to make to make the tour faster and better, its a 5-speed also if that matters, when i get everything done so far i will take a picture and let you guys take a look, but other than the intake and strut bar, what else can be made?

Wheelie bars!! :shrug: :laugh:

Nah, Im just joking. Depends on the resources you have. If you have the ability to make custom headers, that could turn out some decent numbers.

um.. headers could be something to make, i would need to know the measurements and i could make that, im going to be crited in tig welding so thats a perfect project, um a rear strut bar would be a cool project also, BP ive got a 96 tour zetec 5 speed with only 80K miles on her. its pretty clean, like i said when its a nice day out and when i get it all cleaned and stuff i will get some pictures

LOL! Kickass!!!

There a bunch of CEG'ers around. You'll have to come out when Josh aka Pole120 has another meet. We both live in New Berlin. Be sure to check out the W. Great Lakes Regional Forum.

Where are you taking your welding class? WCTC? MATC? I always wanted to learn TIG.

BTW, I may need a downpipe made up in the future if you want some extra cash. ;)

Later,
Ben

lol im takin my class's at gateway in elkhorn, um... a downpipe huh? ill have to look at what pipe we have, we should be getting some stainless in pretty soon i would think, the only thing we have is anything less than 2 inch, then jumps to 3 inch....eh

Don't worry about it, that is probably a good 6-12 months in the future. :)

Gateway? Cool. If you've been in any of the normal classrooms, I've probably installed the video projector and audio system. There were only a few rooms though.

If you could make the mounting plate for a zetec Exhaust manifold I'll pay for shipping and labor. I'm in the process of making some headers for my car (with the help of some sheet metals troops lol). preferrably would like a 3/8 thick stainless steel mounting plate if possible with tapped holes and exhaust port cutouts. doesn't have to be clean I can do the smoothing and polishing myself. PM me if interested.

Back