• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil Squirter discussion on FF

I'm running without them.

It's nice to see that Tom doesn't say they are needed, because I wasn't planning on using oil squirters.

I just looked and the flat area where the squirters mount and it isn't machined on my '96 block. :blackeye:

I've gotta post the pics. I have doubts about using this block for high-horsepower. The area where the main bolts go into the block isn't very thick. Also, there are these large holes cut into the block right next to where the bolts go in. I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting a CGI block. Right now they are going for $800 over at FocusSport.

BP

Are you just going to buy the block by itself?
I would buy a complete assembled shortblock. It probablly won't cost you that much more and the machining work could be done by a place that has experience with Zetecs. If I did it over again that's what I would do. I only saved about $100-$200 by buying parts and having the machining work done seperately.

I see the Cosworth Rods are also on sale. Looks like a good deal.

Ahhh crap...

CGI block on sale for $800.

Cosworth rods on sale for $500

Group buy going on for VEI gauges.

This is just WAAY too tempting.

I had thought about getting a complete shortblock from focus-power. It's really friggin' expensive. $2600 just for the base setup without billet main caps, crummy eagle rods, and a non-CGI block. If I do it myself...

CGI Block.......................$800
Billet Main Caps...............$325
Oil Squirters...................$50
Cossie Rods....................$500
Diamond 8.5:1 pistons......$500

$2175 for just the parts. Lets say that all of the machining costs $500. Focus-power wants over $4k for the same thing. :eek:

BP

Last edited:
Yeah ... I have a regular block and the eagle rods.
So, in your case you might be better off doing things seperately.
I remember the line boring for the main caps was a hell of a lot more than the rest of the machining work. Including assembly it will probablly be more like $800.

$800?!? Ouch. Still that's a good $1000 less than focus-power. Hmmmmm....

You've done the math. Now go on ..... pull the trigger ..... you know you want to ..... c'mon ..... do it ..... everybody's getting one ..... do you want to be the only one without one? ..... buy it .....

That enough peer pressure for you? :laugh:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was hoping to get out of credit card debt by the end of this month. :help:

For the power that I want to put down I really want those parts...and everybody's getting one... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BP

Ben,
for now im just gonna go with a stock block. it is more than capable of 300hp. that not only means getting the car driving faster but it means i can do it for less.

Back