• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is there a DIY air intake thread on here .. i can't find any

maritimezx3

New CEG'er
did anyone do a tutorial , on a budget diy home made intake for the zetec engine

i know if i can get a focus intake cheap enough i can work that , but i cant find any locally , and everything on eBay has retarded shipping prices to canada.

i remember my old zx3 factory intake adding a filter after the maf sensor worked . local junk yard here doesn't have any zx4's but lots of SE models i wonder if the intake hose assembly is the same.

my mystique has a huge silencer box that sits on top of the throttle body a big hollow plastic box cuts the sound down alot

Ill give you a hint, I googled a bit and found a way to make a MAF adapter out of a floor drain fitting from home depot, if that helps... I think I googled DIY or homemade maf adapter...

the Zetec MAF doesnt need an adapter, you can just fit a filter directly onto it. for more info on Zetec intakes check out the Zetec Performance section.

I llike going to Scrap yards and Looking for Ricer cars and Seeing if they have intakes on them, I buy all the Piping I can, Including Intercooler Piping I can Find, So far I have Made DIY Intakes for a 94 850 Volvo, 98 VR6 Jetta, My Astro Van and I am Working On My CSVT one, If I dont Have The Couplers I Need I got to the autoparts store and Buy them for about 3-6 Bux depending on Sizes

Back