• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGR valve removal

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Now that i have a header on my car, and i drive it less than 5K miles a year, I no longer need my emission control parts. As of right now, i have the EGR valve still on the car, but it's currently not hooked up to anything. My question is, when removing the EGR valve, i noticed that there are two hoses that go to the DPFE valve/sensor on the fire wall. Should i just disconnect the DPFE, and remove that, and all of the hoses? Will this still continue to make my CEL to come on? Is there a way to keep the CEL from coming on without the EGR valve without re-flashing the computer?

Hook the 2 hoses together... And block the egr on the intake.... Your light will still come on but its not bad..I did it to mine

yea. i'm not too worried about the light coming on. It has been for almost a year now. I got the EGR valve, tubes, etc off. Now i just have to work on making a plate and bolting it on. Looks much better already without the stupid tube in there.

Back