• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

gas

dino

CEG'er
not shur if this post should go here, but oh well. hope u guys can help.. have a contour se , zetec. 4 cylinder. so that should give me grate gas mileage. but for some reason it dosn't. i put about $30 every two days:cry:.. any one know why its burning so much gas? .p.s i don't drive it much threw out the day.

well if gas for you is about the same for me (at $3.70/gal $30 gets me about 8 gal which at a combined rate of 25-28 MPG averages 200-230 miles ) then it just depends on how far you're driving every two days. but some other things that can cause bad gas mileage is your alignment, tire pressure, fuel and air filter, sticky or dragging brakes, or it could just be how you drive and how long it's been since your car had a full tune up. or it could be a combination of all of the above.

well if gas for you is about the same for me (at $3.70/gal $30 gets me about 8 gal which at a combined rate of 25-28 MPG averages 200-230 miles ) then it just depends on how far you're driving every two days. but some other things that can cause bad gas mileage is your alignment, tire pressure, fuel and air filter, sticky or dragging brakes, or it could just be how you drive and how long it's been since your car had a full tune up. or it could be a combination of all of the above.

i wish i was paying $3.70. Here where i live just hit $4.20/gal about 2weeks ago.. i drive about 60 miles a every other day.. its has been a while since its last tune up. I'ma do it this weekend. thanks guys

Back