• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Unorthodox UDP concerns (can it be installed on a 96, and which belt)?

96_NoVA_Zetec

New CEG'er
Hello fellow CEGers,
I have recently stumbled upon an underdrive pulley that I had purchased several years ago. It is the Unorthodox Racing P/N# 0203106 REV N/A. I have attached the installation instructions. Since I am somewhat cash-strapped (having been laid-off two weeks ago), I was wondering if this pulley can be installed on my 96 (non-VCT) 2.0? Further, does anyone in CEG-Land have the correct Gates belt number?

Thanks,
Shamun

Attachments

• UDP_02031060_revNA..pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
If you're a 95-97 zetec owner and you have AC, the belt to use with this UDP would be the NAPA 060721 belt or any 6 rib V rib belt measuring 13/16" width x 72-5/8" length or in MM's 20mm x 1845mm.

Deyes2 and Lavell,
First of all, THANKS! for responding. I did not mention that I have A/C in my original post. Does that change the answer(s) that I received?

MANY thanks,
Shamun

Ditto on the NAPA belt. BTW, you should run an ODP on your alternator too. I was going to get one from xzxtuner but I think I found an identical one on eBay for the same price but 1/2 shipping cost. I'll let you know how it goes. It was only like $24 shipped.

Ditto on the NAPA belt. BTW, you should run an ODP on your alternator too. I was going to get one from xzxtuner but I think I found an identical one on eBay for the same price but 1/2 shipping cost. I'll let you know how it goes. It was only like $24 shipped.

you dont need an ODP. It may help with performance, but i've never had a problem with running stock pully's and a crank UDP.

Back