• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cylinder heads

Yes, but you will have to verify valve to piston clearance before you do.

Why do you want to do this?

More power, duh...

If you want to raise the CR of the car, they make a thinner head gasket, and there are companies that make high compression pistons for Zetecs.

More power, duh...

If you want to raise the CR of the car, they make a thinner head gasket, and there are companies that make high compression pistons for Zetecs.

what size head gasket would that be and how much of a compression increase would I get?

not enough of an increase to make a difference. the easiest way to get more power out of the Zetec is with some form of FI. think about this, the SVT Focus has increased compression, a tuned header, special intake manifold, ported head, variable intake cam timing, and some other stuff and it only makes 170HP (at the flywheel). thats only a 40HP increase over the standard Zetec. with a turbo or supercharger you can get over 200HP at the flywheel.

The gasket takes the car from 9.6:1 to 9.8:1, which wont get you anywhere to fast. If you want to stay all motor, they do make a stroker kit for the Zetecs. Combine the 2.3 stroker kit with cams, header, CAI, UDP's, upgraded fuel system, CNC machined head, and some tuning, you could be looking at some serious power, but S/C or Turbo is the way to go if you want to make the most ammout of power.

If you're looking for cheap mods to add power, look into an intake, UDP, adjustible FPR, header and exhaust.

I feel kinda silly asking but what is UDP is that an underdrive pulley and what help will the give me

correct, its an underdrive pulley. it lightens the rotating mass on the crankshaft as well as the drag caused by the accessories which helps free up some HP.

The gasket takes the car from 9.6:1 to 9.8:1, which wont get you anywhere to fast. If you want to stay all motor, they do make a stroker kit for the Zetecs. Combine the 2.3 stroker kit with cams, header, CAI, UDP's, upgraded fuel system, CNC machined head, and some tuning, you could be looking at some serious power, but S/C or Turbo is the way to go if you want to make the most ammout of power.

If you're looking for cheap mods to add power, look into an intake, UDP, adjustible FPR, header and exhaust.

who makes a good adjustable fpr for zetecs

shaving cylinder heads

shaving cylinder heads

Does any1 know what the max shaving on a 98+ zetec with stock pistons and rods???? Can i have .002 out of them

Back