• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

transmisson swap help

JOERUSSIA

CEG'er
Hey i got a 4 cylinder engine zetec in a 1998 gl i want to get it from manual to automatic. would that be possible or impossible either way i got to do something because its my only car and i need soemthing to get to work. please pm me back or something need help asap

it can be done but you will need a complete parts car.

also which transmission do you have? you contradicted yourself between this post and your intro post.

you most likely would be better off repalcing the transmission you have or getting a different car.

do you have an automatic or a manual. all Contour/Mystique automatics (ATX) were the CD4E transmission. all manuals were the MTX-75.

my car is automatic and i would like to change it to manual. my question is would it be possible?

my car is automatic and i would like to change it to manual. my question is would it be possible?

it is. but you will need a whole parts car to make sure you get everything that you need. if this is your daily driver I would just get the atx fixed or replaced or find a car with a manual transmission.

Yep, brother, give it up. With questions like that, it is obvious you are in way over your head.

Daily driver, that's pretty funny............

Back