• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weapon r 98 cougar 2l headers

several people using them. search around some and you should be able to find what you are looking for. btw, in case you didnt know you can get it on ebay occasionally for $100.

do you have a support bracket coming off the axle bearing bracket? i know the pre98s and Focus do which helps to support the exhaust and keep it from flexing to much.

its a 00 cougar. I dont have the support bracket the pre 98's do; I did get an extra hanger added to the downpipe however. Next time thihs thing gets tigg'ed It will be getting a bracket build or pulled off a pre-98. What does the bracket look like? would it bolt up to the header flange or shuould I just make a whole new one.

out of the box it really is a fairly nice header; fitment was fantastic.

i don't think it would be all that hard to fab something like that with basic hand tools. i think you could use some of that angle stock that has the holes already drilled in it that you find at lowes.

Yeah the stock clamp is kind of like a U-bolt. It's completely unnecessary on a stock exhaust, but for a header I'd deem it necessary.

It really is worth it. Definitley noticeable in the top end. Mine has a small leak around the flex joint though. I'm having the rest of my exhaust done within the next month and will probabl have a high flow cat put in place of the flex anyway. Your car will be annoying sounding if the rest of your exhaust is stock though.

Back