• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting the most with the least.

raider

New CEG'er
I have a Stock 95 2.0 ATX Contour GL. I have asked a few specific questions and now feel like I was not asking the right question.

I do not wish to sink thousands of dollars in to my Contour, however I feel like I would like to push the stock unit to it's limit. It will never be blazing with my budget but I do want to see some improvements.

If you have a suggestion and order of installation of such improvements please share them with me.

Key points to remember are that I would like to make a change, drive, evaluate and decide to move forward or stick with the current result.

I consider cam change, TB, larger exhaust, CAI, reprogrammed ECU all acceptable changes. Maybe N2O.

Slapping a Turbo or Supercharger on the engine is unacceptable for me. Very impressive for those who do. Just not the change I wish to make or $pend.

I'm not looking to make my Contour complete the 1/4 in any particular time frame. Sometime the same day would be nice though. :laugh: I just would like to see/feel the performance gains as I go.

For the least.

Get a intake, exhaust, N20, and a chip.

This will also prolong the life of the ATX since the nitrous won't be a full time thing.

thats a good start....maybe look in to some suspension upgrades too

Suspension upgrades have been moved to the end of the list. I was mainly after engine performance. Then my driving would dictate what suspension upgrades I would need if any.

I have found that the car handles pretty well on the back roads I have to drive. I don't see 4 lane roads or stoplights on my daily commute. Deer, bears, raccoons etc are another story.

Last edited:
Back