• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Puting a turbo on my 95, some Q's

nut

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hey guys, i'm in the process of turboing my 95 contour gl ATX... i am going to use a modifed focus header, a t25 turbo off a saab 9000 (the hard pipes from the 9000 fit awsome with the zetec lol!)

Only thing i'm stumpted on is the tuning, i was thinking of a FMU like 12:1, but dont really like that idea to much, not sure what else i can use on the obd1 computer, would like a SAFC work or E-Manage? also what kinda injectors could i use on a 95?
any help would be greaat
thanks guys

For tuning get a custom chip....

As far as the turbo....I give you some credit...but don't expect the ATX to last very long.

not sure how much the ECU talks to the trans on the OBD1 system, but if there is minimal wiring between the ECU and tranny you could do a megasquirt or SDS standalone, however it would double (maybe even triple) the cost of your build. As far as the focus header, go with the most recent version of the JBA it is very beefy and has its own support bracket to hold the wieght of the turbo.

I'll agree with Hector your CD4E isn't long for this world once the boost creeps for the fist time.

The rising rate FMU is a really bad idea. Talk to SCT. There was another CEG'er that found out that you can get a chip that works with your OBD-1 PCM. (My memory sucks. I remeber talking to him about swapping out his '95 wiring harness for a '96-97 harness and PCM.) You can then use the pro-race software to tune it. Or have a tuner do it.

HTH,
BP

another point i didnt say was, this is going to be low boost, around 5.5psi.. not to sure on changing harnesses, as i belive the trannys are diffrent wireing from year to year?

I tell you, if you sunk the money you spent into you turbo project into upgrading your trans you would probably have a faster AND more reliable car. google "level ten transmission".

One of the very first "serious" mods i did to my car was get a full tilt trans from Terry haines (I have an MTX) because I believe in setting an end goal and backwards planning.

Last edited:
I tell you, if you sunk the money you spent into you turbo project into upgrading your trans you would probably have a faster AND more reliable car. google "level ten transmission".

One of the very first "serious" mods i did to my car was get a full tilt trans from Terry haines (I have an MTX) because I believe in setting an end goal and backwards planning.
Don't think Level Ten is around.....

It's also the be all end all of "fully" automatic transmisions available for the contour. It's also very similar to what you pay Terry Haines for his top of the line trans (actually, his 2nd from the top; the full quaife gearset alone costs as much as the whole level ten trans).

When I say "fully" automatic I'm refering to the Lentech trans which could fit a contour it's a manually shifted auto for drag only.

Back