• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Direct replacement larger TB

raider

New CEG'er
Is there a direct replacement larger TB for a 95 Zetec Contour ATX? ie. 92-96 Taurus? 9x Tempo? 9x Ranger?

This might have been addressed somewhere and I missed it :shrug:. Please forgive me if this had and lead me to the answer.

My 70mm FC was a direct replacement once I got that simple little custom intake manifold made, it slipped right in there no problems.

Hector, try squeezing 36lbs/min through the stocker!!

you mean the stock TB? you won't max it out without doing serious headwork first. however throttle response does improve with an optimized stocker. Contact Pole120 or buckshot for this service.

I think this is clearing it up a little better thanks. From your statement I can assume that the stock TB is more than adequate and even overkill for a naturally aspirated STOCK 2.0 Zetec? And that such an engine would never benefit from extra air/fuel?

Alright.....should have stated that unless you are running a lot of power the larger TB is not needed.

I was hoping a larger TB would aid in generating the extra power.

I think I should ask a different question realizing that I will get as many answers as there are members. I start a new thread for it.

Your throttle response from an optimized TB would be up dramatically. I'm not sure about any replacements for the stocker though...

BNOON does them too IIRC.

Back