• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will a 65mm throttlebody from a mustang work with my 97 contour?

97_2.0

New CEG'er
Was working on my buddys 96 mustang gt and he picked up a 70mm for his car and gave me his stock 65mm TB, will that fit and work with my contour? Thanks

i dont think it will, at least not with out some work. however if it does, even with minimal work, that would be a cheap way to get a bigger TB

I was going to try it, it lines up and everything but I forgot YOU CANT GET THOSE 2 SCREWS OFF off that black peice I cant think of the name off hand but its on the right side of the TB. I remember when we did his and my mustang I got so pissed we just put it in the vice and broke it off and had to order a new one and it sucked. I tryed getting the contours off and yea no matter what I spray on those two screws they WILL NOT turn and they are close to getting rounded out so screw that idea.

Yea thats it I couldnt think it, yea they are dead to me theres no way to get them off for me atleast

65mm T/B on a 2.0L?? That T/B is well suited for a full bolt-on 3.0L. I think even Hector only went up to an SVT T/B on his S/C Zetec.:shrug:

Mark

65mm T/B on a 2.0L?? That T/B is well suited for a full bolt-on 3.0L. I think even Hector only went up to an SVT T/B on his S/C Zetec.:shrug:

Well yea but I have a 65mm TB just laying around in my garage being used as a paper weight.

Drill the screws out, then replace them with some that are easier to remove.

They are a PITA, but they will come off. I have removed the screws off 2 different TBs and all it takes is a screwdriver blade that sits deep enough in the screw to hold up to the effort needed without slipping out.

I don't know from experience but have you tried an impact driver. A screw remover you tap with a hammer.

I went with a Focus Central 65mm TB for my supercharged Zetec.

picture.JPG

Can't see it that good.

Fit good with the supercharger but the Focus linkage didn't work with the Tour. Not to mention I couldn't get a TPS that worked with it properly.

They come out easy if you use a torch and heat up the metal under the TPS sensor. Just be careful not to melt the sensor itself, or you'll need to buy another one.
Nathan

Back