• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Short Ram

I saw that to, but what would be the difference if you ran it for the 4 cylinder?

I highly recommend the SleeperZ intake. It works awesomely and doesn't make the car sound ricey at all. I'm still not 100% finished because I haven't made the pipe that goes into the fender yet but with everything else done, it is a very noticeable difference.

Here's the How To:
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=64

I second this. With the SleeperZ, you aren't drawing all the hot air from the engine bay like all the others posted. It sounds great, and draws the air from the fender. Just take out the inner-fender resonator, and you will have a gnarly intake.

Picture008.jpg

couldn't i just put a cone filter where the box filter use to be?

and how much is the sleeperz altogether?

couldn't i just put a cone filter where the box filter use to be?

and how much is the sleeperz altogether?

Waste to just throw a cone filter where the box was! The box pulls air from the fender. You would also need to delete the accordion tube and the stupid resonator that goes forward over the coil pack towards the battery to make it worthwhile. I left the plenum on top of the TB but many people have been known to toss an elbow fitting on it. I haven't tried both so I'm not sure which one is better. :shrug:

Back