• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

JRSC M62 Pics - First Looks

ButtonPuncher

Veteran CEG'er
Howdy kids,
Well not much has happened since I posted the inital pics on the old forums but here are some much nicer pics... :laugh:

(Click on the image for a larger version.)

It looks like the new forums are limited to 10 images. Here are the links to the full albums...

New JRSC Pre-98 Zetec Pics:
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/album.php?album=2239

Bracket Modifications and original low-res pics:
http://server5.theimagehosting.com/album.php?album=2238

My goal is still to pay off my credit card before continuing with this project. Hopefully I will accomplish that by March. I wanted to have this running by SZ, now I'm shooting for mid to late summer. I've waited this long for a high powered Zetec. What's a couple/few more months?

BP

Last edited:
Very nice BP. i think you should try to have it ready to go for SZ. thats my plan for the turbo but we'll see how that goes.

well done for getting this far with the project, looking good.
it will be worth all the time and grief when you first fire it up and run it down the road. you'll have a grin from ear to ear.
did you have to fit a focus alternator or is that a mondeo, sorry contour one?
are you having to get a custom tune done or are you gonna reflash the ecu?
keep up the good work

oh yeah, what sort of numbers are you looking to get?

That's my stock 140amp Contour alternator. The clearance couldn't be more perfect. :cool:

My goals depend on my budget. ;) If I throw this on my current engine and MTX, I will run it at the lowest boost level. That should be around 10psi which should be good for 220HP (or about 190-200 at the wheels).

Ideally I want to go for the full build. HMS built MTX-75 with a LSD, forged rods, billet main caps, forged pistons, FRPP head, FI cams, FRPP intake manifold, water-air intercooler, NOS, and a 75mm mustang throttle body.

With the blower maxed out, I would be pusing 500CFM. That translates to 345HP. That's still a relatively mild 15.5psi of boost. Calculating drivetrain loss, that's about 300-310 wheel horsepower.

With some help from nitrous, I'd like to hit 400 wheel horsepower.

After that I'll be selling the JRSC and go for a GT3076 supercharger. ...that far into the future, that may be on a MazdaSpeed6, not the Contour. ;)

I'm also planning on doing my own tuning. I've got alot to learn but it's nice to have a spare engine and tranny. :laugh:

Very nice BP. i think you should try to have it ready to go for SZ. thats my plan for the turbo but we'll see how that goes.

If I do, it's going to be just the blower on my original Zetec and MTX. That'd be a bit scary. With 170k on the clock, I'll have to call it project timebomb. :help:

It's really all about the money. I've got the time and the tools. There's stuff that I can't do that I'm going to have to pay for. I need to have a bracket fabbed for the idler pulley. I want to have a new intake for the JRSC made to fit a larger throttle body, and I want to have a bunch of welding done to the intake manifold to convert it so that I can intercool it.

I've seriously been thinking about getting another job. I really want to make this happen this summer.

BP

Last edited:
nice, i was wondering about doing that, but im too cheap. and the car just broke the bank after doing my timing belt and water pump with other things that went wrong and needed replaced.

Wow!! Glad you came on to post some pics!! I was beginning to wonder what happened to ya! That looks great! Wish I coulda seen it in person b4 ya put it on there. Keep up the good work :cool:

If you got another daily driver, take your time with it, don't rush. Have you done a test fit yet? Doesn't look like the supercharger shouldn't cause any problems in fitment.

Keep us updated.

Last edited:
Definitely. This is going to be my baby. I've never owned any kind of performance car before. I'm going to do everything right getting the MTX Zetec built. My ATX will stay as my daily driver. :)

I've taken a bunch of measurements and I should have plenty of room. I still need to figure out a way to mount the engine wrining harness but that's no biggie.

Wow!! Glad you came on to post some pics!! I was beginning to wonder what happened to ya! That looks great! Wish I coulda seen it in person b4 ya put it on there. Keep up the good work :cool:

Oh don't worry, I'll be sure to bring it to a meet or two. ;) BTW, it's not in yet, it's still on my engine stand.

BP

Last edited:
Definitely. This is going to be my baby. I've never owned any kind of performance car before. I'm going to do everything right getting the MTX Zetec built. My ATX will stay as my daily driver. :)

I don't consider myself a very superstitious person but I wonder if I jinxed myself by saying that. Here's what happened at 7:15 this morning...

Some f'ing moron decided to pull out from a blind corner RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I swerved so that I wouldn't kill this idiot and ended up hitting another guy almost head on. Now I don't know what is going to happen with any of this.

:nonono:

Last edited:
My god man, that really sucks. First you get robbed, now this. Hopefully the idiot driver pays for the damage. Did I mention, I hate stupid people.:nonono:

I hope everything turns out well. Keep us informed.

Holy Crap!!! I can't believe this!! Wow, at least you are ok, right? I hope everything still works out for you. Keep us updated

Damn dude that sucks. :mad: at least your ok. looks like your not gonna make SZ with the SC. Oh well. i dont think im gonna make it with the turbo either. maybe next year we can roll the boosted zetecs.:laugh:

F*** me i dont believe your luck. hope you get it sorted.

That's terrible. I can see that both air bags deployed. Was there a police or insurance report? If so, is there a result yet?

Last edited:
I've gotta give the police department a call today to see if the report is available. They hadn't issued any tickets or placed blame that morning. I'm interested to see what it says.

F*** me i dont believe your luck. hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm still pretty amazed myself. I'm also still pretty down about the whole thing. I haven't felt like doing anything. :blackeye:

Physically I'm OK. Nothing broken but my back is bugging me (old injury that flares up from time to time).

BP

Hope you get everything sorted out soon. I know you were pretty excited about the progress you were making. Good luck!

Back