• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Idea from insanity?

OoTLink

New CEG'er
Anyone ever think about finding a wrecked rear ender taurus with a 3L, and a V6 contour/mystique with a blown engine as donor cars to turn a 4 banger into a monster? I came up with this demented idea the other day and was laughing the whole time thinking about it.

Last edited:
same here. however im a little farther behind and my build will cost more cause im building a complete engine from the ground up.
That's how I'd do it. I'd prefer to have a professionally rebuilt Zetec with components designed for reliable intercooled turbo or supercharging.

Everything is on hold until I can get all of my insurance crap sorted out. (My apartment was robbed in August.) I did take a bunch of new pictures a week or so ago. I'll have to get 'em posted. ;)

havent seen any updates on your sc project since the new forum any chance of a post with pics etc

i much prefer the zetec over the v6 duratecs. the zetec is very capable of very great power output. not having aftermarket parts doesnt bother me. for $3500 you could buy everything needed for a turbo set up and push the limits of a stock motor. and if you know where to search, you could even build the motor up and be making lots of power.

where can you get the eaton? what other things can you do to this engine, im new to contours but i have a 5.0 mustang thats built, anyone make a crazy turbo setup? i see these honda guys making 500hp with a 2.0 and turbos, anyone ever see a zetech like that?

where can you get the eaton? what other things can you do to this engine, im new to contours but i have a 5.0 mustang thats built, anyone make a crazy turbo setup? i see these honda guys making 500hp with a 2.0 and turbos, anyone ever see a zetech like that?

There is a Zetec used in a drag car that I've seen, not sure the power output though. I'm sure some focus Zetecs have seen the 500hp marks before with built engines, haven't heard of any yet.

i think it would be cool, i bought my contour for my girlfriend just for her to drive but i find myself driving it rather than my mustang because my car is kinda crazy, it has a fully build 347 with 400hp, so when i run around town on weekends i drive the contuor, anyway what im saying is i need to build it if im going to drive it, cant leave it stoc
347_readyto_drop_in_3.jpg
[/IMG]k!

Back