• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Weapon-R Performance Header

it will fit... just like the post-98. there really is no different for dimensions stuff :cool:

It will fit, I have it on my 96 right now. Great mod. Word of caution though, buy your own gaskets, the ones that come with it are complete junk. I blew through both of them in less than two months. Also, no place to connect the egr tube, so you will need to have a shop do some custom cut in and welding.

^^^ i didnt even get the gaskets with mine(the order transcript said i was suposed to though), not that i cared since you had said they were crap. i did have a problem with the bolts between the manifold and down pipe lessening. i even lost on of the nuts cuz it fell off while driving. So make sure to use lock tight

it also has a pretty large leak so STFU. :laugh: and its getting another resonator soon too.

If anyone is interested:

I have a couple of clips posted on my car domain page. Link is in my sig.

will an m2 performance header made for zx3/5 modesls fit my pre 98 contour. if not how much lov would it take to fit

not without lots of work. on the Focus (ZX3/5 included) the exhaust passes under the engine near the transmission side. on the Contour, the exhaust passes near the belt (passenger) side.

edit: you ask this question and then 3 hours later post in the exhaust poll that you have it. which is it?

Somebody needs to make a FAQ section for the Zetec's and sticky it cuz i hear the question asked way too often. Weapon R header, or headers made for the Cougar Zetecs are the only ones that fits the Contour Zetec's. No Focus headers fit without modification.

Boy, am I glad you answered this question. I've been hesitant on buying headers for my car as I wasn't sure what modifications I would need to perform (if any). Now that I have this information, all I have to do is pick out a good performance cat. Any suggestions?

Somebody needs to make a FAQ section for the Zetec's and sticky it cuz i hear the question asked way too often. Weapon R header, or headers made for the Cougar Zetecs are the only ones that fits the Contour Zetec's. No Focus headers fit without modification.

I think magnaflow makes a decent high flow cat. Also with what i said, Zorrex is right. Any Zetec header will fit, its just the down pipe that doesnt allow it to fit. The Focus down pipes got between the trans and the pan, where as the Contour goes around to the 'front' belt side of the engine.

Back