• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CTA Motorsports Zetec Intake Kit (We may start making them again, but...)

Chris@CTA

Veteran CEG'er
We need to gauge interest first.

It's been a while since I have posted here, been busy with our other Project Cars over the past couple of years.

Here is what we are considering to make. This intake kit will be based on our previous kits, made up to a couple of years ago, but will come with the filter relocator kit included. We would expect the price to be $199.00USD/$219.00CAD, cheaper on a GB of course.

Here is a pic of our previous generation kit.
Im000192.jpg

Here is what we have been discussing, as per the contents of the kit.
3" intake piping
High pressure black silicone couplings
High pressure 90 degree black silicone elbow (replacing the previous metal TB elbow)
Reducer adapter to fit over stock TB
Gear clamps
Crankcase breather filter
Black vacuum hose
MAF adapter support and hardware
Air filter
CTA Motorsports stickers

Sorry, no pics yet, because it's only in the idea stage.

I don't know how to do a poll here, or if it is possible to do one here, but please post in this thread, if you think we should go ahead and make these intake kits again.

Last edited:
Interested! on two conditions:

1) Colored couplings(if possible)
2) Price, I'll what and see what happens here about a GB

Also, how about us 95-97(?) guys that have IAT separate from the MAF sensor? Will there be an option of having a bung for it?

Get pics of it up whenever you get a chance.

Edit: Sweetness! (about the bung in post below)

Last edited:
Interested on two conditions:

1) Colored couplings(if possible)
2) Price, I'll what and see what happens here about a GB

Also, how about us 95-97(?) guys that have IAT separate from the MAF sensor? Will there be an option of having a bung for it?

Get pics of it up whenever you get a chance.

We had previously built two versions, a pre 98 and 98 and newer, so that would not be a problem to repeat.

I had one of your intake kits on my mondeo here in the UK and was very pleased with it. It sounded awesome at WOT. The reason its not still on the car is that I'm now supercharged.
The sevice and shipping was second to none and Chris was very helpful with any questions I had answering emails quickly.
All in all a quality product from an efficient company

I'm interested but the price quoted is to high to justify on my daily driver ... if the gb price is really good then I would concider it

I had one of your intake kits on my mondeo here in the UK and was very pleased with it. It sounded awesome at WOT. The reason its not still on the car is that I'm now supercharged.
The sevice and shipping was second to none and Chris was very helpful with any questions I had answering emails quickly.
All in all a quality product from an efficient company
You could use it with the supercharger.....I did.:laugh:

The price increase(as compared to the old kits) is due to removing the old metal TB elbow, and adding the 90 degree high pressure silicone elbow in its place. Unfortunately, we have already estimated the list price with a lower profit margin that we would like. Therefore please do not expect a 50% reduction in cost for a GB, because honestly, there isn't nearly that kind of mark up in this product. :(

You could use it with the supercharger.....I did.:laugh:

hmmm i have thought about that but it would mean chopping it up to fit properly and i cant bring myself to do it lol. i'll probably sell it at some point.

Anybody who is interested in an intake for their Zetec tour' THIS IS THE ONE TO HAVE! upon install of my intake I felt HUGE gains in power and throttle response, not to mention every time I would be in an area with people outside, every time I go ton the gas people people would get whiplash to find out what car sounded so beautiful.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/AliasJerk/Video/?action=view&current=100_0102.flv

Inside car sound clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/AliasJerk/Video/?action=view&current=IntakeSoundClip.flv

That video has a good clip of what the intake sounds like. I tell you its beautifully loud. It overpowered the sound of my exhaust in terms of loudness.

100_0219.jpg

BTW, Chris. You are welcome for the videos, figured I would help out with selling them a little :) considering they are such a good product and I loved mine so much.

Last edited:
I would so be interested if I didn't have one. I have a question though. Would we be able to buy accessories for the first gen? I agree with alias too, I felt a huge difference in throttle response and mid-range gains. Not to mention it sounds great :)

Last edited:
Anybody who is interested in an intake for their Zetec tour' THIS IS THE ONE TO HAVE! upon install of my intake I felt HUGE gains in power and throttle response, not to mention every time I would be in an area with people outside, every time I go ton the gas people people would get whiplash to find out what car sounded so beautiful.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/AliasJerk/Video/?action=view&current=100_0102.flv

Inside car sound clip
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v283/AliasJerk/Video/?action=view&current=IntakeSoundClip.flv

That video has a good clip of what the intake sounds like. I tell you its beautifully loud. It overpowered the sound of my exhaust in terms of loudness.

100_0219.jpg

BTW, Chris. You are welcome for the videos, figured I would help out with selling them a little :) considering they are such a good product and I loved mine so much.

Thanks for the plug, and I'll take you up on the video offer.

Back