• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help!!

i cant wait to start my build up. im looking at about 200-250 at the wheels.

Ditto. Are you gong to try all that on stock internals?

BTW, sucks that you moved back south, I REALLY wanted to drag a fellow boosted Zetec. Oh well. I'll just have to kick a bunch of NA 3L a$$. :cool:

BP

Ditto. Are you gong to try all that on stock internals?

BTW, sucks that you moved back south, I REALLY wanted to drag a fellow boosted Zetec. Oh well. I'll just have to kick a bunch of NA 3L a$$. :cool:

BP

no it will be getting a built engine. once i finish it i will be coming up to chicago for a visit. maybe we can all go to the GLD that weekend.

0.5 liter difference is easy to beat. It can be overcome with 3.5psi of boost or a FRPP head and cams.

Too bad (almost) everyone on the Zetec forums is f'n broke. :blackeye:

I can't wait til Ohsigmachi gets his turbo Zetec monster up an running. The 3L guys won't know what hit them. :drool:

BP
I am not broke. Evo is getting parts now.:laugh:

I have to agree the contique 4 cylinder is a great engine! I love hearing people mod their 4 bangers. You have to work with what you got.

no it will be getting a built engine. once i finish it i will be coming up to chicago for a visit. maybe we can all go to the GLD that weekend.

Built engine... :drool: :drool: That's what I really want to do too. Are you just going with forged internals or are you going to get a high flow head and turbo cams?

I gotta get a 2nd job this winter. :blackeye:

Being realsitic, I probably won't have my setup working 'til summer. When are you thinking of coming up?

BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread Ford Zetec2. :dizzy:

BP

Built engine... :drool: :drool: That's what I really want to do too. Are you just going with forged internals or are you going to get a high flow head and turbo cams?

I gotta get a 2nd job this winter. :blackeye:

Being realsitic, I probably won't have my setup working 'til summer. When are you thinking of coming up?

BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread Ford Zetec2. :dizzy:

BP

it will be getting a focus block with JE pistons, eagle rods, and forged crank. a FR ported head and stage 2 cams. of course the build up will include a LSD and stage 3 clutch as well as a light weight flywheel. :drool: :drool:

Venom.jpg

nuff said

the only problem i have with nitrous is thats it gets expensive to fill the bottle every time. the price per pound is currently at about $4.

I4 Headers

I4 Headers

What is everyone using for headers??????? I want something that hopefully won't require me to remove the cat, and if preferable, will bolt up with a minimum of refab. I've heard that Focus shorties will do it with no problem (doubt it) and I've heard taht there are Focus headers that work with... modified mandated exhaust systems..... owned an LT1 impala that had.... modified mandated exhaust so no problem there but that car was MUCH easier to work on (more space).....

I'm looking just to have a nice new set of headers to improve the flow.... the timing is getting redone in about three weeks, just got new tires, redoing the dash guages and in-cabin stereo... want to freshen it up as I just paid it off.

Would be willing to buy headers off of someone or even better, pay for the fabrication in or around northeast FL

4-cyl cougar headers should bolt right on. Try zxtuner.com, they're expensive. Focus headers will require modification.

You live in Florida, why not lose the cat? It's not like they check.

Striker2 where are you getting a forged Crank? I found two moldex cranks from the Zetec WRC teams, and one from the Meguirs car. None would work without a custom manufactured plate for the clutch to attach to. They were all more than 2 grand each and the custom work came to close to 3 grand for just the crank. I don't think Crower offers thier crank anymore.

ive actually decided to just go with the stock crank. im not going to be pushing enough HP to really need a forged crank. im actually looking at buy a built block from here:
http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Complete_Engines

for $3500 thats a pretty good deal. ive added everything up and whether i build it myself or buy it from them its about the same. then i just need to get a clutch, LSD, and finish off the turbo with a manifold, FMIC and plumbing, and tuning.

the engine thats currently in my car will then get rebuilt and used for custom locost 7 build.

Back