• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

95 Contour 4 Cylinder - Crankshaft Position Sensor - How do I get close to it?

Microman

New CEG'er
I finally jacked up the 95 Ford Contour, and took a look with a flashlight. I think I finally found the 2 wired sensor. But I can barely get one hand on it as the exhaust comes down, and leaves not much room

My hand would even have trouble feeling the connection to determine where to press to pull off the plug, that goes into the CPS.

Is there any way of attacking this sensor, that makes it easier. And I read somewhere that it is a special head on the bolt, or is that wrong?

I also have a '95 with the Zetec and MTX75. It is a PIA regardless how you approach it. I removed the lower splash pan, used 1/4" drive ratchet and differnet size extensions and U-Joint's in order to reach it from the top, if memory serves me correctly - and it may not. I just now that once I "made peace" this CPS, I was cruising along with the R&R. i DO recall it was all done by feel and my handly "mirror on a stick".

Back