• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mysterious miss under light throttle between 80-100km/h

98ZetecMondeo

New CEG'er
As the title states, when accelerating onto the highway, I get a couple of light bucks, almost like a miss. Driving me insane any ideas? or is it common? its an auto.

thanks guys

light acceleration, rpm not sure no tach, my guess around 2500. Also if I am at cruising speed (110km/h) and try to accelerate more to pass I get some hesitation

my car did that a while back when I put a non stock intake on it, it put the breather tube in the wrong spot in relation to the MAF sensor causing metered air to be skimmed off/non metered air to be introduced. I would check for a slight vacuum leak/split in the rubber intake tube after the MAF sensor.

As the title states, when accelerating onto the highway, I get a couple of light bucks, almost like a miss. Driving me insane any ideas? or is it common? its an auto.

thanks guys

I just rectified this symptom on my '95 Zetec w/MTX. Replaced the plugs with Autolite XP Xtreme Performance Iridium pn# XP5364 What a difference in performance and driveability as compared to the Bosche Double Platinum plugs in there before.

Dunno about that plug ad there but all 3 zetecs I have at one time or another have shown light load troubles which later turned out to be ignition. Plugs, wires, coil. Odd that it shows at light load rather than heavy first, but they are what they are. The wires can look great and be garbage, they commonly separate inside from pulling them off plug since the conductor is only string.

Back