• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.0 Mystqiue Vac question

RichR

CEG'er
I searched and couldn't find anything online or on the forum here. 99 2.0 Mystique. I'm not very familiar with the Zetec as I am the Duratech. There are what I assume to be 2 vacuum lines that come of the throttle body in the back of the motor. One for the brake and the other for? Mine is plugged off. Doesn't seem right. There doesn't seem to be any other hoses anywhere. The crank case goes to the air box so I'm kinda lost here. I haven't had any success finding any pictures, diagrams or breakdown manuals that show anything. The ones I did find don't look like mine. :help::help::help:

If it runs fine, and everything that is vacuum operated works don't worry about it. I'll take a peak at my zetec tomorrow though and see if mine is the same way, if it will make you feel better.

alright,i looked at mine and it has 3 lines directly under the throttle plate. two large ports and one small. one large port is blocked. just to be clear i have a 98.5 contour 5-speed that is a base model, so it maybe slighty diffrent then your mystique. ill post a pic later. im on my xbox right now and cant put any pics up.

alright,i looked at mine and it has 3 lines directly under the throttle plate. two large ports and one small. one large port is blocked. just to be clear i have a 98.5 contour 5-speed that is a base model, so it maybe slighty diffrent then your mystique. ill post a pic later. im on my xbox right now and cant put any pics up.

Great Thank you, what side is blocked off?

I had a 2.0 auto 98 contour that had some surging/idle/stalling problems. Problem was the lower rubber hose under the throttle body that runs to the drivers side of the motor had deteriorated from excess fuel in the throttle body running into that rubber tube. It eats away at the rubber causing a vac leak and odd running issues.

Check that hose. :cool:

I had a 2.0 auto 98 contour that had some surging/idle/stalling problems. Problem was the lower rubber hose under the throttle body that runs to the drivers side of the motor had deteriorated from excess fuel in the throttle body running into that rubber tube. It eats away at the rubber causing a vac leak and odd running issues.

Check that hose. :cool:

These ?

Sorry pics are dark. Gets dark to early.

98A5D996-A34D-4A09-A487-CD15EE4926C1-809-00000188F467A8FA.jpg

They all seem fine unless they are hooked up in the wrong place. Also the two hoses under the intake look fine.

I can't really seem to lock down the stalling issue. If I pull off the air box off the throttle body it will run a little longer. 30sec or so. Idle jumps up and down. Otherwise it will stall in 2 sec. If I keep my foot on the gas it will run then stall again. After working on cars for 20 years this is the first time I've not been able to get a car running. Every sensor and part you can imagine has been replaced. Now I know why they call it a Mystake LOL

Back