• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rigging up a manual radiator fan switch

theworkneverstops

New CEG'er
Hello all, I want to rig up a manual radiator fan switch inside my cabin because my fans dont come on by themselves. Ive done the temp sensor, radiator cap, and new relays. also tested the connections with a voltometer and am getting nowhere. So I was wondering if anybody knew the best way to rig up a manual switch for the radiator fan. :help: thanks!

1995 Ford Contour GL 5 sp MTX

does your car have the parts from the fan recall installed. my 95 recieved something called a thermal fuse that was an assembley plugged in between the fan and the original fan power connector. Also the fans are grounded to the body IIRC the grounds are under the battery and on the passenger side between the radiator resivor and the headlight. If you have power to the fan relay there are only 4 connections to the fan relay. Fan power in and out and the coil (switching) power in and out. Do you have wiring diagrams? PM me for help if you need more.

I havnt tried jumping them yet, i got some test leads so im going to try that today if it doesnt rain. i believe i have that. there is some sort of assembly in between my maun fan power and the fan motor. ok i will, thanks for all of your help !

tan 1995 gl mtx

First thing, the word "rigging" should never be used when working on electrical. If you google manual electric fans you will find what you need

Back