• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

while I'm at it?

Planning on changing pcv, hose, and thermostat Monday. While I'm doing this is there anything else i should change? Having a rough idle on my 98 2.0 128k

oil change 700 miles ago, plugs and wires changed 9k miles ago

I run Seafoam through the Brake Line in Intake, But if you want to go all out i put 1 can in gas tank(full) use half a can in Engine and the other in the intake via Brake booster vacuum Line....But if you do all of it be sure its time to change oil and Plugs, I run Seafom in the engine for 20 minutes at idle The seafoam in Gas tank and run about 50-75 Miles and after all said and done really clean fuel system. they also sell a seafoam spray version i clean my TB with

FAQ's from seafoam website

Can I run TransTune in my transmission fluid over the long term, instead of just before a transmission fluid change?

Yes, you can safely operate your transmission with TransTune added as directed on the can, and it will continue to help keep transmission components clean. TransTune is composed of 3 different petroleum oils, and 2 of these oils will gradually evaporate and be vented out of the transmission system.

thanks Tex. Was on that exact page and missed it....stressed....

Back