• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wiring for O2 Sensor

FIND

Addicted CEG'er
Wifes 99 zetec seems to be missing the plug on the harness side of the O2 sensor wiring. Anyone know the color for the wires off the tops of your head? The O2 sensor plug is still in tact but the other side is missing, I figured I would pop by napa before my move and just replace the plugs, long drive, would rather it was getting the good milage that a zetec is capable of, lucky my 24 mpg v6 is playing trailer queen behind the U-Haul

there seems to be a 4 pin connector on the O2 sensor that is in the car, the plug was ripped off the harness side, so what I was looking for is anyone who could answer which pin went to which color wire.

i can get you a pin out for a 97 O2 sensor. not sure if its the same as the 99s or not but ill post it anyways.

thats ok dont worry about it, I found a 00 zetec in a salvage yard. 2 of the wires were different color than on the wifes 99, but it was fairly easy to guess which went were. Car runs better, I am sure I should see an improvement in gas milage, which is sick considering how much better it already did than mine. Meh, now time to see how much mine suffers with the headers and mil eliminators on. To many mods, time to give up on gas milage lol.

Depends on the mods you've done, you could see and improvement in MPG's.

I'll be replacing my O2 sensor soon than later, considering its original on a 13yo car. lol

Lol the headers were actually for my duratec, the zetec is pretty much a stock car. Only mods I am allowed to do to in are to improve gas milage, make it run better, or need to be tinkerbell related. Zetec is the wifeys car. My Duratec is getting more modded every day. Just did the headers, those were a PITA, doing body work when I have the time now, its actually in pieces in my garage. Makes me wish I wasnt so busy, I would have finished painting by now and be able to drive it. Oh well, at least with it just sitting in the garage the headers are staying nice and clean for me to look at (as if there is any space in that engine compartment to see anything). LOL

Back