• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Has anybody installed BAT motor mount inserts????

terryford8

CEG'er
Was wondering if anybody had used these BAT inserts...they seem to be really soft rubber and
came with no instructions...My main worry...What do you need to do to make sure
they dont just pop out
deepest thanks
doug p Canada
H.D. urethane mount inserts are specially designed to fill the
"air gap" spaces around standard rubber motor mounts
making them considerably more firm. Limiting excessive
engine movement also helps to reduce torque steer

ps...the list of parts for Contours seem to be dropping fast at BAT if anybody needs
spare BAT sway bar bushing etc
tried to get their ebrake handle cover ...and several other parts..no deal
way off topic found nice guy in green bay (alphaautomotive)selling some ford OEM parts
got good deal on new power antenna...he's on ebay..thanks
disclaimer i have no links with him or his site..

Made by energy suspension?

The inserts stay in because the mount on the transmission side goes around the assembled front mount and inserts. Then you put the mounting bolt in to clamp everything.

I had these on the car I just put together. I filled the rear mount with caulk tube urethane also. Mounts are so stiff I didn't even put in my good stab-o-shock.

I'm using an Energy Suspension insert for my front mount and a solid rear mount. I originally had solid front and rear mounts and it was just a little too rough and too much vibration for me.

The ES front insert gave me a perfect balance. The ride is much smoother in the interior of the car and I haven't had any wheel hop after doing a couple burnouts. :) I can't comment on how the ES insert is by itself but I would imagine anything is an improvement over stock.

Sorry I should have looked up an image of the mount first....seems from looking
at one...u have the take the mount off....then the inserts fit inside
and are held in when u bolt the unit back on.
Is this right please?????????
thanks doug

Hey CSVT
the enery suspension parts look pretty close to my BAT units....can u just slide them into the mount
or do you have the take the unit apart....
I can't remember what the front mount looks like...these BAT are so soft they might pop out if not
held in place by something....I think..
BUT...just to rant and rave...My son took my car...the COSMO short shift lever broke off leaving the bottom
piece stuck in the shifter cable...and the car stuck in Third gear...Others had warned me about this cheap
unit...NOW...bitterly...i learned my lesson....to bad the new CFM unit i ordered hadn;t got here sooner
as now im going to have to take out the stock unit that i used to replace the cosmo scrap...XXX double frigggg
what a great end to the year....doug p
I will post a photo of where the cosmo unit broke...so others can save their money

Last edited:
You have to remove the mount entirely to install the urethane inserts. It is impossible for them to pop out once the mount is put back together and installed.

I just installed them right over the old mount in about 15 minutes. No idea how they feel because I am still working on a whole list of other repairs to my 99 CSVT.

Hey Guys
Once again thanks from an old old man trying to keep his ride on the road
deeply appreciate all the help...its so nice to get help from guys
who have been there(contour?mystique) and DONE thats
happy new years
doug the Canuck

I'm assuming the BAT insert is the same but with the ES insert, the mount has to be unbolted. That's the only way to install it and secure the insert. It won't ever fall out once the bolt is in.

With the short shifter, you can always just have the ball rewelded. That shifter is basically just a copy of the B&M short shifter.

With the short shifter, you can always just have the ball rewelded. That shifter is basically just a copy of the B&M short shifter.[/QUOTE]
Hey CSVT1214
check out the photos i posted with my short shiftin merc thread...YOU are exactly right about the parts
Hopefully my son would have to break the shift tower(LOL) to damage my new CFM unit
thanks
doug

Back