Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD4E trans fluid change? How many quarts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD4E trans fluid change? How many quarts...

Hi All,

Got a 98 MERC mystique w zetec and CD4E auto trans. I want to do a trans fluid change, How many quarts should this trans take?

Thanks Anthony

Right at one gallon draining the case only. A bunch stays in the convertor.

Comment

Originally posted by amc49 View Post

Thank you very much for your reply!!! =) What would fluid would you recommend? personally.....

Thanks Anthony

Comment

Mobil 1 Synth ATF

Use a 4 qt measuring cup to see how much fluid you get out. Your only going to get about 4 qts out. You'll have to do a drain and fill 3 times.
        2000 SVT Contour Black #2005 3L
        1998 SVT Contour E0 Silfro # 3095 3L Portmatched
        1999 SVT Contour Green #1769 2.5 - Rotted Body - Gone
        2004 SVT Lightning Red #2888
        Aircougar Performance

Comment

Originally posted by amc49 View Post

When you say drain the case, you mean remove the pan correct? Thanks in advance... Anthiony =)

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
            Mobil 1 Synth ATF

Use a 4 qt measuring cup to see how much fluid you get out. Your only going to get about 4 qts out. You'll have to do a drain and fill 3 times.
            Awesome thanks Rich!!! My problem is, i don't know if the owner before me changed the original fluid out and went MERCON V synthetic or put the original stuff back in. I don't wanna mix fluids... I am not sure what to do?!?!?

Comment

Mercon V is the replacement for what went in before and Mercon. Ford quit making regular Mercon and now specifies V to go in in place of it. There is no pan to remove as there is not a bottom one, only on the side and leave that one alone. There is a plug toward the rear of the lower case that unscrews to drain the trans, a 3/8 rachet extension conveniently fits in it.

The two fluids mix freely.

Comment

Working...
              X