• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pro racer

I bought mine from Lasota Racing, I also bought his tuning guide which is pretty helpful for a first timer.

sct has it for the same price. you will not find it any cheeper anywhere. sct has a service or some kind of legal agreement where nobody can sell it any cheeper then their cost. they actually also have people searching online looking for vendors breaking the agreement or whatever you wanna call it

1 code is included in the purchase price, I believe if you want a different code it's something like $300+

so total 500 with 1 ecu code or is it all ford gas cars? whats up w this licenseing?

1 code and if you use an Xcal to flash it the Xcal will lock to the ECU unless you push the stock tune back to the ECU. The licensing is strict on purpose. Otherwise one person could tune everyone's cars. I thought it was about $100-150 for another ECU code.

i think they told me 100 for a second code.

yeah i also figured that out. have to return to stock to lock to another pcm. how annoying tho. i have 2 98s, different pcm codes.

if you have 2 or more cars you only pay for licensing. but you can use the same program, not sure if ud be able to use the same handheld though

theres something about returning to stock that will allow you to use it on another car. i dont know if thats infinite, but i could just store the tune for each ecu code. i read thru the lists of pcm codes. seems like it wouldnt be uncommon to have 2 cars built relatively close to each other w different codes.

Use moats chip. Iv been doing a ton of reseach and a moats chip should be just as enough as sct software. Im actually planning on getting one next year since i already got the proracer software.
I also have software for the moats and i could make baseline or full tunes over email if anyone is interested

i am going to investigate innovates software. i have an lm in one car already but wasnt writing my own tunes or anything.

Use moats chip. Iv been doing a ton of reseach and a moats chip should be just as enough as sct software. Im actually planning on getting one next year since i already got the proracer software.
I also have software for the moats and i could make baseline or full tunes over email if anyone is interested

I've had a some members ask me about mail order tunes using Binary Editor, but it looks like the cost of entry is high, and I'm not sure I'd be able to make my money back... How are you able to do it? did you already drop the $$ for all the strategies, and tokens, and download all the catch code binaries to make a baseline? Or do you have some other software besides PRP like EECeditor, or TunerPro?

Back