• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pro racer package

There is also a book that SCT sells that describes the parameters in detail. It's around $75.

Does the book only cover one "strategy" type? Or is that all Ford? Do you know how generic or specific it is? This sounds like something I might be interested in picking up.

Sure you might be able to pull the file out of the flasher but you'd still have to decrypt the data because you can't do it with the PRP software. You'd have to know exactly how the file was built and what it should look like. It would be WAY easier to start from scratch or go to a local dyno and pay them some $$$ for a dyno tune using your PRP.

Is this in response to anything I posted about extracting tune files? If so, that's not correct. With Binary Editor, you extract the tune, and it is directly editable. There's nothing to decrypt since what your extracting is litterally just the dataset from the ECU. I can pull a tune from the ECU, it populates all of the parameters in BE. At that point, I can edit the tune, compare the tune (like what you describe doing with PRP). The extracted tune loads just like any tune I would create from scratch.

The reason I think this is so important is that I think most people looking to start their own tuning are in a similar situation I was when I started. My Lightning had a good tune in it already, but I wanted to do some more mods spread out over time. To be able to start with that tune, make a mod, datalog/tune to that mod was way easier than if I started from scratch. And being able to learn from what someone else had done will be a big benefit as I do some start from scratch tuning.

I bought the Lasota tuning guide with my PRP purchase, very informational. I think I also got the dvd with it. I the book cover Ford vehicles, but focus on Mustangs. Still the general tuning concepts are nearly identical for all Fords.

Either have I, I can play around with it a bit this weekend and see if I can find it.

Another benefit of buying PRP is that you get access to the sct tuning forums which have a wealth of knowledge.

PATS_zpsff35f904.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the PATS section in PRP. From the description it gives on the bottom of the screen it made it sound like I wouldn't be able to disable it because there is no PATS_disable_switch. However reading the forums it seems like all you have to do is switch the value to 0 and that disables the system. Not sure if/how that helps you. I know it can be done, especially in other models (Cobra's etc) I have just never messed with it.

Back