• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Data Logging? Running Lean.

My car seems to be running better on the factory tune? I switch to one of my custom tunes and the thing runs lean. I know my fuel pump is weak. I go in and do a small data log and LTFT and STFT stay at 1.00. I read somewhere that that means The learn function is turned off? How do i change this to allow the computer to make adjustments.

Even with the learn function turned off, the STFT should still move around a little bit. What are your o2 sensor readings?

They don't I'm not going to run it back on the custom tune until i can turn the learn function back on or until i fix the tune itself. On the factory program it runs good the O2 sensors seam to be working fine and the car runs great.

It was ok def not good. I had been fixing loads of crap that the previous owners had done under their shade tree. The harness was bad and caused the computer to go bad. The changing of the computer is the only thing i can think of. Maybe the unmatching vins caused it to shut the adaptive fuel off? I have not logging pryer to this but It did run a little on the lean side before but not anyting like it was now.

the vin numbers not matching have nothing to do with it. I am running a tuned SVT PCM in my SE. The adaptive learning is either on or off based on the tune.

One of two things, either the tune is just crap, or the tune corrected for something that was wrong. And now that it has been fixed the tune is off and causing a problem.

the vin numbers not matching have nothing to do with it. I am running a tuned SVT PCM in my SE. The adaptive learning is either on or off based on the tune.

One of two things, either the tune is just crap, or the tune corrected for something that was wrong. And now that it has been fixed the tune is off and causing a problem.

This.

Can you post a screen shot of a datalog showing the LTFT, STFT, o2's, MAF, fuel pressure, etc.

Back