• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

configuring analog inputs

svtfixer

Veteran CEG'er
having a terrible time with getting the analog inputs to work. i use a aem wideband and am splicing the 4 pin outs to the firewire cable to go into the x3 but cant get any usable data. it just flickers at basically 10.0.

i thought i had 2 volts at some of the pins on the firewire cable but nothing shows up in datalogging.

i obviously selected the aem formula but nothing.

the gauge itself moves around and is grounded so just connecting the white and plue cables are all thats needed yess?

anyone have any insight?

i pulled the uego sensor plug and its supposed to output 2.35 volts for gain set and it shows up on the firewire cable but i cannot get it to show up in the x3.

Make sure you have your firewire connected per this schematic...

sctx3firewireschematic.jpg

that is one of the diagrams i am referring to. the other for the aem says:

<Power> Connect to a switched 10-18 volt power source utilizing a 10A fuse.
BLACK <Ground> Connect to a clean power ground.
*WHITE <Analog Output> Connects to any auxiliary unit that accepts a 0-5 volt input.
*BLUE <Serial Output> Connects to a RS-232 com port for hyper-terminal data logging.
*optional

the red and black obviously have to be connected for the unit to function. check. white out would go to orange for the firewire? where is the ground coming from. ground is chassis ground no?

thanks for the help also. i feel dumb i cant figure this out. since im stuck it will help to spell it out for me.

From my diagram above....

Gnd, pin 2, black ---- connect to ---- same black ground wire you used for your AEM (this should be the engine block FYI)
Analog1, pin 3, orange ---- connect to ---- white, AEM

I also found this post on the Lightning forums... the guy did it a little different, but he missed the grounds. Ground is quite important with these signals.

i had it like that. idk what is going on. i always suspect grounds when i have stuff like this. i definately didnt have the pillar wired to engine block but i did read that and might as well redo that.

i know i had the voltage but when i was checking for voltage i also tested grounds and i got some weird partial on one of the grounds under the obd2 port.

thanks for at least confirming what i was thinking also.

Yea I would install the ground on the passenger side engine mount, on the screw that is there for the existing ground wire. That is where mine is for my Innovate Motorsports LC-1 and it works perfectly. I routed the wire through the cowl through an open grommet that was already existing by the wiper motor and had it come out underneath the cowl plastic just above the ECM. Then I routed it with the existing wiring. Can't even notice it. Be sure to put some weather stripping or rubber edging on the sheet metal that the wires passes over under the cowl plastic. If you don't the wire will wear into the metal and potentially cause it to be cut.

EDIT: Actually here is a pic from when I did my tear down to remind me what went there ;)

dscf2434.jpg

i remember thinking "why do i need all these grounds". they seem kind of random. this is a good example why.

ive actally replaced several wires due to corrosion and i just found a few grounds getting crappy contact due to that. kind of likely in this case. there are actually several engine grounds that i can think of. a few on the other side of the engine also.

Back