• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 contour svt pcm

Seriously this is getting very frustrating, as always READ THE STICKIED POSTS AT THE TOP OF EACH SECTION AND SEARCH FOR INFO BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!! What you need is to locate the sticker on the PCM for a 4 digit code, i.e. SFG0, then replace with something applicable. If you have an early '98, you need an early '98 computer (RJL1 IIRC different from later models because it had an external PATS sensor, after 98.5 it was changed to internal), if you have a late '99 or '00 you need a late '99 or '00 (IIRC code is XGT1, this is a returnless style fuel rail) computer. All of this info has been aggregated and then stickied to the top of this section so that you would have this info all you have to do is look.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?5223-Post-Model-year-engine-pcm-code

I might come off as a jerk but seriously dude people went to the trouble of finding this stuff out and made sure it would stay at the top of each section for a reason, bandwidth is not free, but this site is, and doesn't have any ads. Useless posts with info just one click away is wasting it. I have seen questions like this too many times and it gets very frustrating very quickly posting basically the same thing over and over again. Please enjoy your stay here but remember to read the stickies and use the handy search function BEFORE you post, thank you.

EDIT: I'd look into getting a computer from a part out in the classifieds, I got my PCM with key for about $25.

i have an extra
SFG0 computer. if you have a 98 you can keep the key that you have now, pats is external.

SFG0 will not work for a 98. SFG0 has internal PATS and will not work together with the external PATS already in his car. He would need modfications to the harness, keys, etc.

RJL1 is the only one that will work for a 98 SVT. You can use a 98 non-SVT tune but it will need to be reflashed to RJL1 tuning.

To the OP... if you don't find an ECM I may be able to sell you my spare, which is the one you need with the code RJL1. Let me know.

Back