• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tuning with safc neo

marianiman

CEG'er
I know not too many people have done it, but if you can catch a deal on an safc tuner, they work fairly well for doing some fine tuning. I've had nothing but good things to say about mine, and with a little more fine tuning I feel comfortable saying that this thing has helped me a ton. If you're also utilizing a wideband, it makes tuning some interactive fun with noticable results.

I used to use one on my Cougar before I switched to the SCT Pro racer package. It was a very handy tool. It was very straight forward and easy to tune with. The display looks cool as well.

I had one as well, but like Blackcoog I upgraded to the SCT PRP setup. They are nice for what they are, but of course they have their limitations.

Ya, but prp seems stupid expensive, correct me if I'm wrong. I had a friend give me this for free. And my car probably wouldn't run without it.

Someone suggested i pick one up to tune my 3L. Would It be of equal benefit to me like a mail order from Joey from an xcal? I don't compare a dyno tune because that's obviously the best.

Note: the tuning is just to get my full 3 liter running correctly. Not necessarily for an aggressive tune

Pewpy, I has no wideband :[ Isn't there something in the SAFC that's a wideband? I could've sworn. I'm gonna check. my buddy said he would sell me his SAFC for $150.

Back