• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

Upgrade the coupler. 42lb injectors. Relocate the battery. Consider water/meth injection. Do the SCT BA2400 or BA2600 work for these cars(MAF)? You can install with the engine in. Easier if pulled. I can't remember pulley combos.

Get a damn good dyno tune and driveability tune.

Good luck man, sounds like you have every thing covered.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ive been thinking about your coupler upgrade you did, ill have to look at my unit when it arrives...

Another question regarding maf. If i run a larger one with adapter, is something like this acceptable? Or will it derp the readings?

IMGA00231.jpg

I welcome any vortechers advice on things you did on your install. svtfixer,jaged, 99mystique, ect.

My Objective is to do this once and not change my mind too much like i do, that gets really expensive. Reliability is #1 (for a contour :p )

This is sort of a mental dump and grocery list, please add your 2 cents.

[Cars current state]
attachment.php

'04 Stock 3L Bottom end with SVT Cams '35k on motor. 5k on the build.
'08 revision escape oil pan
Portmatched to big bore gutted LIM '99 Taurus UIM pnp'ed stock svt tb, remote iac egr/dpfe dellete
No A/C PS cooler delete.
Weapon R Headers to Truduals
255lph TRE fuel pump '24lb injectors
Built trans
Mocal Oilcooler in place of P/S cooler
Mini drycell battery.
Tweecer tuned
12lb lightened flywheel. Clutchnet Organic disc, Stage 3 Pressure plate. Should be good for north of 400tq
I think thats all that will serious affect anything...

[Grocery list]
Pull engine for install?
Vortech spec front header. Coat? $190 Wrap both headers.
Spark plugs. which?
Oil? Yes. What weight?
Injectors. EV1 42lb 4 pintle $250~
headunit rebuild. DIY? or send out?
Belt size with No A/C? account for smaller pully on HO alt..
MAF.. Stock sufficient? Run a MAFia? Run a 80mm+?
ADC intercooler... how much psi drop?
Bosch Lightning water pump, how to wire..?
heat exchanger behind front grill where hood latch is? How big?
Where to put battery... Trunk? Last resort. Relocate fuse box to fender? put battery where fusebox is?
Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge
Pulley size.......... How much boost do i want, take in account for psi drop on intercooler. 10? 9? 8? 7?

[The Needs]
Need to do inventory on incomplete vortech kit i have, things i know i need;
A •••• ton of fittings, nuts, bolts, washers, hose barbs and vacuum hose
radiator spacers.
The plastic inlet to the head unit.
lots of silicone intake couplers and clamps
AN hose for feed and return.

Dang you worked this thread up very quickly didn't you! Haha

If you do decide to go with an inline fuel pump... Install a sump on the fuel tank. Doing that will solve all the issues with fuel pressure.

Couldn't do one even if i wanted to with the truduals. I think the 255lph will be just fine.

still don't know what pulley to run. Someone drop some knowledge.

personally I would start out with the standard pulley and get it running first before changing it for more boost.

Thats not a bad idea, isn't that more work for the tuner?

Brapple, You have transitions going to your maf, any issues with that?

Brapple, You have transitions going to your maf, any issues with that?

Not that I know of. It does tend to want to stall at times when getting on and off the throttle quickly at lower rpm. I always thought that was in part to having the bov. As I recall from doing the tuning the maf was reading what was expected for a 3L turbo.

Most likely. Recirc BOV's should be used for our setups to avoid drive-ability issues. I'm going to be running a Samco Sport DVR-1P-001 BOV with the red spring.

I run both my turboed cars with atmospheric valves I had recirculating valves on both. As long as the valve isn't after the maf you will be fine. Its all in the tuning :D

Got the Supercharger the other day, thanks to jtidaho! Been in bed sick for the last 4 days so no pictures yet. Ugh.

Got the majority of what i need, charger, brackets, jackshaft stuff. Going to have to place a large order at mcmaster-carr to get everything i need. I'll post inventory. I'd be lying to you if i told you i knew how the shaft goes together, are there any wear items on the shaft parts that i should replace?

- Another hurdle is i am missing the 3.5" plastic inlet pipe, turns out vortech no longer makes it, If jt can't find it, going to need a solution.

How much clearance is there between the charger and the inlet and the frame rail? Can i fit one of these Cobra heads? http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=90CB40&Category_Code=CHEW

Thanks for the input on the pulley size, i'll probably run the 2nd smallest then. 2.87..

Another hurdle is i am missing the 3.5" plastic inlet pipe, turns out vortech no longer makes it, If jt can't find it, going to need a solution. .

:ponder: If you had a 3D printer, I could lend you mine .... G.

Back