• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Injector questions

cummins_on_you

New CEG'er
I have an e0 with a hybrid 3l in it with 50k on the motor. I bought a turbo setup off of a member here that is pretty much based off of npg's turbo kit. It came with most everything, except injectors. I have been looking at injectors all over the internet and have been reading around but am still confused on what I need as far as size, body style, and plug. I am under the assumption that 30lb injectors would be acceptable at 5-8 lbs of boost, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I've also seen where people say that ev1 and ev6 is the injector "body size" and then some say that ev1 and ev6 refer to the plug. I just want to make sure I clarify all of this before I purchase the wrong ones.

Thanks
Nate

If you actually have a hybrid don't even bother with the turbo kit ...

If it was a 2.5L then I believe 30# injectors would be ok, but being a 3L might as well go 42# injectors to make sure there is enough fuel. That also means a maf upgrade also.

Well I have a 90mm maf. I am pretty sure it's a hybrid, previous owner said it is a 3l block with svt heads and intake. I can't say that I would be able to tell you that it is true. I'm not sure how to identify the difference. Why would you say not to bother? I'm sure there are others that have turboed hybrids.

I don't think anyone has turbo'd a hybrid motor. Reason being the compression is higher than the already high stock compression.

If you kept it under 7 psi you might be fine, but since the regular 3L's are blowing up with 8-10 psi that still might be pushing it.

Most people run the 42lb/hr Cobra (or Lightning I can't remember) injectors.

Well that does make sense. I forgot it does raise the compression pretty high when you keep the svt heads. Well I do appreciate the info on the injectors. I will have to dig into the compression thing a little more to see how conservative I would have to be on boost or just sell the turbo stuff and call it a day.

You could swap to normal 3L oval port heads to drop the compression. You can port them out for 2.5L intakes if you want to keep those. I happen to have an extra set of ported 3L heads I want to sell. :)

FYI the hybrid compression is around 11.2:1

Blackcoog, thanks for your help in my other post as well. After the info you gave me I am almost 100% sure I have a hybrid motor. Found the tab that was cut off for the oil cooler line clearence and the yellow dipstick. I might actually be interested in your heads you have. Pm me please and we can talk about it then.

Thanks
Nate

Back