• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

jaged

Veteran CEG'er
Ive got a vortec kit going in hopefully soon, need to hang an engine hoist in my garage and i can get started. The car is basically an Autox only car so although it doesnt see a lot of road time, it gets beat on plenty. When i had it dyno'd it made 200 ft/lbs and 195 hp (dyno is low compared to most). In autox competition seasons ive taken one first, three seconds, and a third on the regional level, and one 2nd at divisional level in street modified. I plan on running SMF this season and hopefully making a run at nationals

First the outside of the car.

rambo1.jpg

DSC_4908.jpg

Street wheels are 18" strathmore, autox wheels are 16" rota grids, but the new wheels are saleen replicas 17x8" with 245/45/17 hoosiers
autoxbling.jpg

I also have a visteon kit for it, but it doesnt get put on very often.

Now the go fast goodies. Its a bit of a frankenstein, but im working on that
escape 3L
PnP 65mm tb
04 taurus UIM
weapon r headers
tru bendz high flow cat to single exit exhaust w/borla race muffler
CAI
spec 3 clutch
svt flywheel
torsen dif
accusump
svt rad
steel front motor mount, filled rear mount
12.2 wilwood front brakes/TCE rear brakes
D2 suspension w/camber kit
roush rear sway
subframe connectors
scca legal 6 pt roll cage w/ rstb
adjustable rear toe
boxed rear control
tubular front a arms
striker front/rear end links
B&M shifter
4 pt harness
detachable MOMO steering wheel
OEM CF hood

new parts going
pin drive vortec kit
fidanza flywheel
msds vortec headers
42 lb injectors

need to buy still
walbro fuel pump
might go with a zetec FD, need to see where my shift points will be. I really only car about 1st and 2nd for autox puposes

Flame if you will, but its a screamer

why do u think anyone would wanna flame u? u've got a nice setup. functional mods as well. only problem is turbo is generally not the best setup for autoX, thats all.

cause a lot of people give me crap for the wing, oddly not so much for the graphics

a SC is going in not a turbo, so when the stock 3L cams are trailing off, the boost will keep the power up for the longer courses for divisional and national events.

Last year at the national in peru i was 4 sec behind the guy that ended up winning the national championship over a combined 2 days. I was on crappy tires and was having some brake issues so im hoping to catch him this year

rex, it 3 wheels all the time. dont have a link for the full pic, but this is my sig on neco
jaged-sig.gif

People are going to flame you for using the spline drive...

However, are you going to make any modifications to the setup so it doesn't suffer the typical failure?

I like the graphic of the cougar biting off the top of the cone :laugh:. I will be watching this thread, good luck!

had a brain fart there, its the updated pin drive. i knew what i meant in my head, it just didnt come out that way

I like the graphic of the cougar biting off the top of the cone :laugh:. I will be watching this thread, good luck!

+1 on that. I think the cougar biting off the top of the cone is pretty sweet! :laugh:.

Also I don't think the wing is that bad, especially since it's actually serving a purpose, not just for MaD jDm PoINtS Y00!!?! Plus the Saleen reps are a pretty nice setup. Do you know how much they weigh? Good luck on the build!

unfortunately they are 26 lbs each, would have liked to get lighter ones, but for the price i can deal with the little bit more weight

Had the cars out of the garage to hang a chain hoist in the ceiling, so before i pulled the bullitt in i put on one of the new wheels to see if i would need to order new studs or not. pulled the wheel spacer off and luckily i dont. Everything cleared with lots of room now i just need to get the bullitt to a friends garage so i have some room to work.

IMG_6417.jpg

IMG_6419.jpg

the 245's dont work so well on a 7" rim so i had to go with the 8". i was looking at Hoosiers site and saw that 255's are the same price as 245's. might give those a try.

go the bullitt to another garage so i have room to work. starting the pull tonight, first time in my own garage

with those rims there is an inch of clearance to the strut, i know the fender liner is going to have to go on the front already. ill run the 245's first to make sure everything is good, then go from there, "baby steps" lol

with those rims there is an inch of clearance to the strut, i know the fender liner is going to have to go on the front already. ill run the 245's first to make sure everything is good, then go from there, "baby steps" lol

Make sure you keep the fender liner. I worry every time I drive my car if it's raining or snowing because of the CAI cone being in the driver side fender, and there is no liner so tires kick up moisture right into that slot. I know I should just shell out the 30$ for it to save myself from a 700$ hydrolock but ehh.

Yeah...that's right. Fender liner just for one piece is about $30 :mad:

Make sure you keep the fender liner. I worry every time I drive my car if it's raining or snowing because of the CAI cone being in the driver side fender, and there is no liner so tires kick up moisture right into that slot. I know I should just shell out the 30$ for it to save myself from a 700$ hydrolock but ehh.

Yeah...that's right. Fender liner just for one piece is about $30 :mad:
its an Auto-X car, I cant imagine it will see rain.

oh we run in the rain, ive run in horizontal rain before, its actually kinda fun. took 2nd for raw time that day out of 30ish cars

Back