• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

just got my new axles from rock auto. the passengers side doesnt have the part that slides in to the trans. is there a good way to knock that off the old one with out messing it up?

the intermediate shaft and the passanger axle are seperate parts. just tap the axle off the intermediate shaft with a hammer. it has a c-clip like the drivers axle.

got it swapped out no problem.

im not for sure what one looks like when its good, but i know its not like this
IMG_7487.jpg

so is it supposed to look like a normal U joint like on the driveshaft of a truck? if so, im surprised it held up as long as it did

i know the grease is nasty, but there is a lot of little bits scattered about in there. are there supposed to be caps on top of the nubs that it rides on?

caps? nubs?

the bearings are held on by snap rings. it looks like at least one of the snap rings broke and the bearings cam apart.

here is some video of what caused the final demise of the CV. Its from day 2 of the evolution driving school

The season has been going great, i really wish that i could have found the zectec FD when i had it apart, i run out of 2nd gear a lot on course.

So random question caused by the funny noise the motor is making now.

Right now the oil runs block->filter->cooler->block

could the accusump be plumbed inline inbetween the cooler and the block to make sure that the pressure equalizes over the heads instead of running the accusump into just the one normally problematic head

The season has been going great, i really wish that i could have found the zectec FD when i had it apart, i run out of 2nd gear a lot on course.

So random question caused by the funny noise the motor is making now.

Right now the oil runs block->filter->cooler->block

could the accusump be plumbed inline inbetween the cooler and the block to make sure that the pressure equalizes over the heads instead of running the accusump into just the one normally problematic head

you could run it that way. IMO, delete the cooler unless its a nice aftermarket one. run a sandwich adaptor between the block and filter, and run the accusump there. i dont think it matters how you run the accusump as long as it sees oil pressure.

Back