• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Take a Ride with "The Beast" of Contours

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
My car is an amazing result of what hard work and money will do for our platform. It is a Turbocharged 3.0 Contour SVT with everything you can do to the engine and transmission.

This is only Part 1, there will be another video soon with more throttle. I could not find a road to really open it up, but I think you will get the idea of how special this car really is.

http://www.crewchiefpro.com/TheBeast.mp4

Hope you like it, keep in mind these things:
1) Yes, I suck at camera recording
2) I never was able to go above 1/2 throttle even at 70 miles per hour - not enough traction
3) No, it is NOT for sale, I have owned it for about 10 years and it still makes me happy.

Other than that enjoy the show.

3.0 V6
Dual Ceramic Bearing Turbo
Forged Rods
Forged Pistons
Head work
SVT Cams
Built by my son and I about 8000 miles ago.
Trans is a Terry Haines fully built masterpiece with 3.54 gear, keyed shift tower, Quaife Limited Slip Differential.

Nice to see two hands on the wheel at the end there .... considering the car's capabilities.

homer crashing.jpg LOL

Have you considered a splitter on the front ? ...obviously needs all the help it can get in that area.

Also; you mentioned gas milage .... a rear undertray really does reduce the air brake effect of the rear bumper ... even with that grille in it.

My DD has an undertray back there and it really stiffens the rear bumper as well as save gas ...G.

Thanks, you really need two hands on it when ever it goes into boost.

Averages 27.5 on the highway and 21 city and highway. Not too concerned about fuel economy but it is pretty good as is. Not really considered a splitter, like how they look just not sure I want to change the look.

.... at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs

I thought since putting a front splitter on will increase fuel consumption, it could be offset a little by reducing the drag of the rear bumper.

I was watching a rundown of the 2017 WRC aero packages, the rear end is unrecognizable from just a few years ago.
Expect to see a ridiculously OTT specimen like this in a showroom near you soon lol

aero.jpg

I really like the played down look of your car, I can understand your concern at detracting from that..... G.

OMFG....

I bow to you sir..

20lbs of snail..making 500lb from 3800rpms..????

If it hooked up it would run 9's..

Id love to honestly see what a great set of axles and slicks would make this do...
Seriously thanks for the video that is amazing!!!! and it sounds wicked.. I would give anything to see the look on a vette/GTR owners face...seriously pay..top dollar :p

No Title

OMFG....

I bow to you sir..

20lbs of snail..making 500lb from 3800rpms..????

If it hooked up it would run 9's..

Id love to honestly see what a great set of axles and slicks would make this do...
Seriously thanks for the video that is amazing!!!! and it sounds wicked.. I would give anything to see the look on a vette/GTR owners face...seriously pay..top dollar :p

​I have a race car, so I don't pick on anyone. I will have fun with a few of the BMWs or Lexus people who are in a hurry to get around me but usually I stay under the radar. There is no doubt that with traction it could be a low 12 second ride but I really don't want to make major changes just for that. I have this to scare me at the drag strip...

Attachments

• photo17840.jpg
    photo17840.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1
​I have a race car, so I don't pick on anyone. I will have fun with a few of the BMWs or Lexus people who are in a hurry to get around me but usually I stay under the radar. There is no doubt that with traction it could be a low 12 second ride but I really don't want to make major changes just for that. I have this to scare me at the drag strip...

Wow :)
See this is great.. Thanks for the Video.

You know now that I am thinking about it, you COULD be the first contour to crack the 12 sec 1/4..if u wanted to.. :)

So is there any news on its performance?

Nothing yet, track nearby is closed because the virus BS. I have some new components for the intake piping with a blow though MAF which should improve top end performance. I just love driving the car, still scares the hell out of me. I now have 89k on the car, with just about 30 k on the engine and trans. Still gets 270 miles on a tank of gas even when I drive it hard.

One thing we did find after the last video, was an overactive knock sensor. It would retard the timing down to 5 or 6 degrees over 5500 RPM. I was just about to replaced it but I saw where the turbo wastegate hit the frame. I believe the knock sensor picked up a grounded exhaust. As a test I moved it a bit farther away and picked up some lost performance. I don't normally run the engine over 5500 RPM so never really noticed it. When I did a LiveLink I saw the huge drop in timing ( from 16 down to 5 ) within about 50 RPM. It stays at 15 to 18 now and I have another 700 RPM available where the engine is still pulling like a freight train.. I still won't run the engine over 5500 until I get to the track, just too difficult to drive at wide open throttle.

Back