No announcement yet.

Take a Ride with "The Beast" of Contours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is there any news on its performance?
    Did I mention I have a Chevy SS?
    2015 Chevy SS Sedan (6.3L LS3, M6 ATX)
    "...until the next Ford Performance Sedan"

Comment

Originally posted by warmonger View Post
      So is there any news on its performance?
      Nothing yet, track nearby is closed because the virus BS. I have some new components for the intake piping with a blow though MAF which should improve top end performance. I just love driving the car, still scares the hell out of me. I now have 89k on the car, with just about 30 k on the engine and trans. Still gets 270 miles on a tank of gas even when I drive it hard.

One thing we did find after the last video, was an overactive knock sensor. It would retard the timing down to 5 or 6 degrees over 5500 RPM. I was just about to replaced it but I saw where the turbo wastegate hit the frame. I believe the knock sensor picked up a grounded exhaust. As a test I moved it a bit farther away and picked up some lost performance. I don't normally run the engine over 5500 RPM so never really noticed it. When I did a LiveLink I saw the huge drop in timing ( from 16 down to 5 ) within about 50 RPM. It stays at 15 to 18 now and I have another 700 RPM available where the engine is still pulling like a freight train.. I still won't run the engine over 5500 until I get to the track, just too difficult to drive at wide open throttle.
      Don Higgins
      Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
      http://www.crewchiefpro.com
      1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

Working...
      X