• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need y pipe help - big time

Hey y'all

So long time member .. Long time needy guy (dam o2 sensors) .. Long time without posting

So here it goes ...

My exhaust sprung a leak a couple weeks back (the 99 with low k's)

Got it looked at and turns out the flange where the y pipe hits the cat is in rough shape

So I call BAT to buy myself an upgrade ... And they no longer have any y pipes (and long story short they have no eta to get any ..)

So I go to a muffler shop and figure I'll just get the factory part ... Yes they are discontinued .. Oh and the gasket is shot which that part has also been discontinued

Now I have a crappy sounding ready to fall off exhaust .. And no clue how to solve for it

1. I'd love to score the BAT unit
2. I really need to get this fixed asap
3. Did I mention I'm desperate for a fix?

If you know anyone or any way to solve this I'll owe you big timè

I'd get a trubendz unit basic same design if not better.. if you want new. Or classifieds used if you need it sooner.

I looked online but couldn't see anything from Trubendz .. Spent 2 hours today looking for an alternative (don't worry I was at work :) )

If it requires a drive state side I'll do it .. But I don't know where to get this specific pipe

2 bolt or 3 bolt?

Check out MSDS or as stated got to the classifieds - there's a few part outs on there at the moment.

Back