• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of the Truebendz

douknod26836

CEG'er
Does any one have pics of the truebendz exhaust after it was mounted under the car. I would like to see how its mounted and etc.

Brapple Im trying to get a reference picture so my exhaust guy can build me something similar, w/o the fit issues of the truebendz

Honestly the trubendz fitment isn't that bad. The only issue I had with mine was the driver side exhaust resonator and tip where not long enough. The rest of the system fit fine and a local exhaust shop was able to get the rest of the fitment correct.

I'll try to get a photo of mine when I get home.

However, a good exhaust guy (imho) should be able to fab up an exhaust without having to reference any photos. The trubendz exhaust follows the stock pipe routing and hangers, just in a larger size. It also has the resonator, or in this case the muffler as optional. The resonators at the tips are also optional.

Thanks BrApple, I gotta have a muffler on it, required by state law for inspection, the guy that Im going to isnt my regular guy and my reg guy isnt in business anymore. I wish he was, I would much rather have him do it for me.

magnaflow 4" tips i think 9' can 2.5 inlet. i bought these seperate from the trubendz piping

Sounded great before... also has a magnaflow center resonator.... then I added the turbo and it got super quiet... Im thinking of removing the center resonator soon..

Also let me add I didnt have any fitment issues at all except that I picked out the wrong resonator.. but I bought that seperately anways.

Heres the exhaust laying out on the floor. Not the greatest pic but all I got and you can see one way they come. This is also before I added 4.75" of pipe to each side in the rear to bring the mufflers out for the svt exhaust cut outs since this was originally on a cougar.

IMG_20130322_155452&.jpg

Back