• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clarification On Setup....

Hey everyone,

Pretty new here but from what it looks like I believe I'm posting this in the correct section. I noticed my stock exhaust on my 98 CSVT is in pretty bad shape. So I started digging for the kind of sound I'll want to replace it with. Found it! Brapple on Youtube.

After looking through Trubendz catalog I can't find anything about a test pipe. Can someone clarify if thats an alias for something else?

Brapple Resonated Borla 2
MSDS headers
optimized stock y-pipe
Trubendz testpipe w/high flow cat (this is what I'm not clear on)
Trubendz SS 2.5" resonated Borla exhaust

Okay, I was just going to go with a BAT y-pipe instead of an optimized stock since I don't have the time to optimize it myself. But it looks like the CAT is included with the BAT Y-pipe so it wouldn't make sense getting the Trubenz Hi Flow.

So I guess I'll try to pay someone in the Classifieds to make a optimized Y-pipe for me.

yup, that is what I was using at the time.

I remember when I ordered it I confused Trubendz. I asked for a O2 sensor bung before the cat. On the cougar it would be located after the cat. I used the bung for a wide band O2 sensor.

B3F772CE-8251-4F18-A829-53D5091C814B-2159-000000F2588A8918.jpg

yup, that is what I was using at the time.

I remember when I ordered it I confused Trubendz. I asked for a O2 sensor bung before the cat. On the cougar it would be located after the cat. I used the bung for a wide band O2 sensor.

B3F772CE-8251-4F18-A829-53D5091C814B-2159-000000F2588A8918.jpg

Hmm so would you also have the optimized Y-pipe to go with that?

I'd be interested if you do.

if photobucket wasn't being a ••••ing peice of crap this monring I would have already had this photo also uploaded.

they just bolt togther like stock.

DSC04722_zps317caca5.jpg

Well my Y-pipe has at least 120K miles on it, so I was just thinking of buying a low mileage optimized Y-pipe from someone. Then getting the Hi-Flow Cat that you showing me here. Match it with some headers and Borla. I had Borla on my 95 SHO. Hands down the best sound in the game if you ask me.

Back